Imovie users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imovie users

Got a question for all you imovie users at there. How do ya'll watch your edited hd video on your hdtv? I simply want to film in hd, edit the hd footage, then show my buddies the edited hd footage on my hd tv. Is it even possible on a mac? You can use appletv but it only supports 720p. Doesn't really make sense that you can export your movie in imovie 11 in 1080p but appletv doesn't support it.

the only thing i can think of is to edit your movie then just burn it to a dvd then put in your dvd player, or do i not understand what your asking ect.

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
      the only thing i can think of is to edit your movie then just burn it to a dvd then put in your dvd player, or do i not understand what your asking ect.
      this is how I do it.

Comment

I want to watch it in hd. If I burned it to a dvd it would be in standard definition.

Comment

Originally posted by colonel62 View Post
          I want to watch it in hd. If I burned it to a dvd it would be in standard definition.
          Not necessarily, the reason movies are commercially distributed on blu-ray is because DVD's lack the data capacity to hold them. Now whether your dvd player supports it is a different question. You can also put it on a thumb drive, as a lot of newer hdtv's will read thumb drives. Yet another option is to get an adapter cable to go from say a laptop to your tv. The AppleTV is primarily a streaming device, but is weak with its max resolution being 720p.

Comment

I burn my on DVD and they are in HD. They look great

Comment

Still trying to wrap my mind around this stuff. So if I have edited hd footage that I exported from imovie in 1080p, I can burn it on a regular dvd-r? The resulting dvd would be in hd 1080p? Would I have to play it in a blu-ray player or would it play in a regular dvd player? I guess what i'm asking is the only difference between a blue-ray disc and a dvd-r is the amount of storage?

Comment

Working...
              X