Camera Arm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Arm?

What is a good stable camera arm that won't break the bank? Last year I used a DIY I made out of a realtree bow hanger. I first used a 2 section that was too short then a 3 section that flopped around terribly. I want to get something nicer this year.

Suggestions?

I just purchased The Truth Arm from Bass Pro for $59.00. I haven't used it yet but I am very impressed with the workmanship and the quality of the fluid head. For the money...

Comment

I have an ameristep archers choice arm, only two things I do not like on it, loud ratchet strap but you can hold the latch back until it gets tight on the tree and that makes it quiet, and it is a little heavy but built solid.

Comment

I was going to start a thread about the same thing, but you beat me to it. Anybody else have recommendations?

I'd prefer not to spend more than $200.

Comment

bump

Comment

I bought a tree arm similar to the realtree but made heavier and can be easily moved from tree to tree, I think the brand is HME. Then I bought a good head and mounted it to the arm with a stainless bolt. Less than $100 in the whole setup

There are some super nice ones out there but they cost alot if you are just doing it for fun

Comment

I have one that is about 4 years old made by gorilla. I like it

Comment

I have used gorilla, Primos, and a lone wolf...........Lone wolf ($150 or so )out does them all.....easy to set up for a self film, smooth, and not jerky....most arms are all the same in my opinion......its the head your cam attatches to that counts. Two different occasions almost dumped my camera out of the stand with Primos on set up . Heard tree arm are good too.

Comment

Where are you picking up the Fluid heads? got a source to share?

Comment

I got my bogen off of ebay for $35

I looked around at all of the different heads and picked some that matched my needs and price range and then started looking for a used one on ebay to save some money

Comment

Working...
                    X