Quebec bear hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quebec bear hunt

Here's a video of the one we did not find. I was waiting for the death moan but it never came. The outfitter and I decided to come back in the morning. As my luck would have it, the rain continued through the night washing away the truth.
    Even though I didn't bring a bear back, I had a hell of a time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3miHeZMcT4"]YouTube - ‪mike's quebec bear hunt‬‏[/ame]
    Last edited by Vantage Point; 05-31-2011, 10:14 PM.

sorry you didnt find him.. better luck next time

Comment

Good video

Comment

Good job on the video. Sorry you didn't get him. Was the shot too far forward?

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
          Good job on the video. Sorry you didn't get him. Was the shot too far forward?
          Kevin
          What did you see? I think I saw the same thing. Where did it look like it hit?
          Right abouve that green bump in the branch?

Comment

sorry to hear that you didn't find it. get a bigger one next season.

Jim - my first thought was high in front of the shoulder and too hard of a quartering away angle. resulting in a bleeding flesh wound but it real hard to tell with that limb in the way of the camera shot. after the 30th look, I aint got a clue.
            Last edited by Target-panic; 06-01-2011, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
              Kevin
              What did you see? I think I saw the same thing. Where did it look like it hit?
              Right abouve that green bump in the branch?
              you can for sure see fletching high and above the bump on the limb, cant really tell what the rest of the arrow did....dang limbs!!!!

Sorry to hear ya didnt get him Mike.....sounds like a great trip though and cant wait to hear the rest of the stories

Comment

Sucks y'all didnt fond him bro! Least ya got a shot and had a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Target-panic View Post

Jim - my first thought was high in front of the shoulder and too hard of a quartering away angle. resulting in a bleeding flesh wound but it real hard to tell with that limb in the way of the camera shot. after the 30th look, I aint got a clue.
                  This is what I was thinking too. He was quartering away so hard I was thinking it would be easy to miss forward. But I am about the furthest thing from an expert, which is kinda why I asked. Good job on the video, sorry again the bear was not recovered. Really hard to find an animal when it rains overnight.
                  Last edited by Kdog; 06-03-2011, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Good video Mike...we're both going to have to try again next year

Comment

Thanks for looking guys. I do believe it was too far forward for the angle. I watched the video over and over, saw a white flash just above the tree branch. If that's my arrow I was way too high. I believe I was aiming lower than that. I recall moving the bow around a lot with my grip hand, trying to get a good seat with the glove. Once the pin settled, I felt like it was solid. Another thing I noticed I was quick to move my bow, not following through very long. that could have boogered my shot.
                      we live and learn.

Comment

Sorry you did not recover the bear -- know exactly how you feel as I went through it in 2009 -- but even with all that it is a great trip -- Jim does his thing and Eric his and the fun is over the top.

Comment

Working...
                        X