Arrowed Doe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrowed Doe!

Last weekend in Coleman Co, TX we were on the hunt to harvest some doe before the rut was in full swing. Saturday evening I was able to set up the video camera and capture on film the early evening doe that made an appearance. The doe came in at 4:30 which is long before we usually see any deer and gave me the opportunity to make a shot. After the shot, I watched her go down about 40 yards away with a complete pass through.

Note: Opening weekend I had a chance at a 140 inch 9 pt and took it. I made a text book shot on him at 18 yards but the arrow did not pass through. It was the first time I didn't have a pass through so I was really nervous when I started blood trailing. Let me back up a few weeks before that- I received an offer to head up to Colorado for a last min elk hunt so I had to change broad-heads since I have always used crimson talons and those are illegal in Colorado. I aligned some G5 Montecs up on the arrows but the elk hunt fell through. So I went ahead and kept the montec set up for opening weekend. After 3 days of looking for the 9 pt. and the blood trail just flat went cold I have still not to this day found him. I attribute the loss of him to the fact I didn't get the pass through that I have 100% always got. In simple terms- 100% pass through= 100% finding the deer and 1 non pass through= 1 buck NOT found. I have 23 kills with a bow and the moral of this note is DO NOT change equipment that has worked for you.

Hope you enjoy the short video. Its nothing special to most but it is my first time after many attempts to capture "the Shot" on film.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfhlR9OqPI8"]YouTube - Doe Shot 1[/ame]
    Last edited by bow4life; 11-17-2010, 10:26 AM.

Good video and great shot.

Comment

Excellent shot!!!! Good job.

Comment

Never get tired of the sound that arrow makes when it pops the deer or hog. Good video, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
          Never get tired of the sound that arrow makes when it pops the deer or hog. Good video, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great shot & video.

Comment

Nice backstrap brotha'...

Comment

Niiiicccccceee

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                  X2

Comment

Working...
                  X