X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel your pain...

Comment

Maybe next time...

At least you've had a chance so far... im not even free'd up till the 23...

Good luck for the next one..

Comment

Cool video

Comment

like the slow mo!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm a ground guy, just don't like to be off the ground without wings. Easier to video also. And no real good trees for a stand. I just need to make the shot, 31 yards is not too far.

I have two other setups that are closer, just nooks cut out of a cedar tree. I sat in one last weekend with no camera, two deer came with 10 feet of me spotted me and bolted. The first I noticed is when they bolted. Amazing how quiet they can be walking through brush. I need a pop-up so they can't see me moving around. Or get a tree stand like someone else said.

Hope to take my 12-year old out the 23rd, just bought him a Diamond bow at Cabelas for his birthday. He's good up to 15 maybe 20 yards.

Comment

****** vid. was that a three pointer?

Comment

nice video

Comment

Enjoyed the video TO.

Comment

I was practicing shooting from my ground blind in my back yard. Every time I shot through the 'shoot through' mesh, I missed the target. Drop the mesh, no problem. I WILL NOT have that mesh in place in the field! I too am convinced it affects flight..

Just my 2 cents...

Comment

nice deer and nice shot that couldve been you or the bow but i think it was the deers fault u missed because when u watch it the deer ducked down i had a 11 point come 10 yards from my tripod and when i shot it herd my bow squated downa nd hauled but belive me will do that

Comment

Yep, I have had problems with the mesh too. And oh, I guess I'll mention I missed an 8 pt this last week!

Comment

Originally posted by stx bowhunter View Post
                          Great video!!!! You barely missed him. Looked like you would had spined him if he wouldn't of jump the string.
                          That's what I thought too. That's bowhunting!

Comment

Originally posted by lgc999 View Post
                            I was practicing shooting from my ground blind in my back yard. Every time I shot through the 'shoot through' mesh, I missed the target. Drop the mesh, no problem. I WILL NOT have that mesh in place in the field! I too am convinced it affects flight..
                            Agreed. Until I can prove the mesh doesn't matter, I'm going to take it down.

To answer another question, that was a 5 pt if you count the tiny brow tines.

I took my 12 (well 13 now) year old out last weekend. He shot twice from the same setup. First time he used wrong pin and shot over a spike, 2nd time the arrow had fallen off the rest and we didn't notice until the shot, went into the dirt low and right, my bad I had him resting bow sideways in lap before the shot. I screwed up the video on the first one, the 2nd one is probably too dark but haven't had time to look at it.

Will try to go back this weekend if life lets me...

Comment

Man that sux..........he needed killin' to. Nice vid though

Comment

Nice video, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X