Does your camera spook animals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your camera spook animals?

I have a small camera that I need to figure out how to turn the "beep" off every time I turn it on, start record, etc... But I'm also worried about the noise it makes when the tape is progressing. I'm guessing most of you are using digital media with no tape in a more modern camera than I have, but was hoping that someone that was still using an older model camera like mine could chime in.

All the best,
    Glenn

hi glenn, i have a pretty old camera and i called sony and they said to turn the volume down and that worked. but im sure its different for all:/

Comment

I still use a JVC mini DV tape cam.

Have used it with in 9 yards of deer and haven't spooked them with the sound the motor and tape make.

Mine has a menu to turn off the "beep", which is what I looked for...the word beep or something similar. But it was under "tally".

Comment

Thanks for the info. I appreciate you both responding.
        All the best,
        Glenn

Comment

The Price of digital cameras has come way down. The first High Def digital camera I bought cost me $1400. Now you can get them as cheap as $550. If you don't want High Def, you can find those cameras as low as $250's maybe lower. You can store so much more footage with a digital camera plus it is a lot easier to edit out of the digital format. Stick to Sony.

Comment

I have a digital panasonic, it only beeps when I hit record. I haven't figured out how to turn the beep off either.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I finally figured out how to silence the beeps on mine. I want a new digital eventually, but this one is still like new, so I might try it out later this year.
              All the best,
              Glenn

Comment

Working...
              X