Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a bigger quiver...

Gonna need a larger quiver...

Went over to the ranch in Lohn yesterday. We had recently put up some cattle panel, brush blinds.

This is video of one swipe, as far as I could view through the small window. At another point, I counted 23 Deer. This is one small spot on 2200 acres.

Sorry for the jerky cam...I got there and realized I had forgotten the camera adapter for tripod.... which is also the reason everybody made it out alive .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNqg8XNtEP0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Lohn Oct 3rd.m4v[/ame]

Holy smokes thats alot of deer!

Comment

wow, let the air out of a few of those...they should not be that hungry

Comment

Wish i were in your shoes

Comment

Originally posted by dcw View Post
          Holy smokes thats alot of deer!
          I agree...there's a TON of Deer on this place, 3300(part of it leased) acres. But it has been a rough summer over there. The crop fields that surround it, have been pretty much not planted this year. And there are a few fields, the farmers actually high fence to keep the Deer OUT.

Just an FYI, we are working on starting days/weekend hunts on this place to thin out the Doe... but mostly the trash Buck population. The Bucks outnumber Doe possibly 2:1 or more.

Hard to tell really, as from what I've seen, the Does mostly avoid the feeders when the Bucks are around, guess they're tired of the harassment.
          Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 10-10-2010, 01:40 PM.

Comment

better get busy

Comment

Thats alot of animals at one time.

Comment

thats alot of deer

Comment

You might have to shoot one out of self defense.

Comment

Man that is a LOT of deer, but thats a whole lot better of problem to have than not to have hardly any deer.

Comment

Working...
                    X