James Daughtry WMA, lost buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Daughtry WMA, lost buck

I am finally getting around to wanting to look at this. I was lucky enough to be the only card pulled as a standby at the James Daughtry WMA this past Dec on their archery buck hunt. This was a 2 day hunt. So it was read sign as fast as you can, set up blind and pray. well on the first evening, I saw this deer come by at dark. To dark to shoot. Just cruised through with another buck in the 140s. I believe this deer is all over the 150 mark as is and is missing both brows. Busted off.
    He walked by and and saw the blind on the right side. He looked right at me. I was already at full draw, he did not like the blind and turned to leave. I grunted to make him stop. the frist grunt barely came out, it took 3 to stop him. He stop right out of camera screen. He was at 21 yards. I thought the shot looked great. Slamed his shoulder. If you want the video when he runs back through the screen after the hit, his leg I hit is flinging around in the air he is not using it. Long story short, 2 sets of tracking dogs 3.5 miles and no deer. I am not sure what went wrong as I have killed alot of deer hitting them in the exact same spot. Deer never moved on the shot or twisted. Slightly qrtr away shot. I just hope this is the last one for some time. This would have been a top end if not the top deer of my career.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Man, my heart started beating harder just watching that! Man, he sure came in fast and was starting to leave in the same way.

I feel for you, man!!! Thanks for the video, regardless!!!

predatorsniper

Comment

Wow, sorry for your loss....

RD

Comment

Man I feel for ya. That was nice buck.

Comment

man that was a nice buck....sorry to hear about the loss

Comment

thats too bad man. i wish we could see the shot on video but either way i believe you. Its a real bummer to see a hoss like that get stuck and go, maybe a TPWD or WMA intern will find it and get ahold of you. That was a very nice lookin deer

ac

Comment

major bummer, thats the risk we take. doesn't matter if its gun or bow

Comment

maybe next season man

Comment

That sucks he was a good one.

Comment

That sure was a good looking buck. You can hear the arrow thwack it good. You in a popup blind I guess?

Comment

Sorry for the loss. Good lookin buck.

Comment

what a monster!

Comment

That deer was huge!

Comment

sounded solid...sorry to hear he wasn't recovered

Comment

looked like he was going to start plowing dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X