Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a sad day for all of us but what a good thing that we all had the opportunity to have a relationship with him whether we personally knew him or not. Based on his impact here at the GS which likely did not compare with how impacted his personal friends and family, it would be difficult to find a better tribute to a man's life than the memories he leaves here.

Comment

He was the First person to PM me on a question I had on a pop-up blind .He treated me with respect even tho my knowledge was somewhat questionable. I told him that I thought he was my kind of person a straight shooter and to the point with no BS kind of guy. He will be missed. The Pence family sends our deepest condolences to all those affected by this tragic loss. Mailman U are a ROCK to which we should all hope to be in trying times.

Comment

Wow, very sad news. I was gone till now and the first thing i check is this sad news.Never met the doc personally but every time a "how big or what will he score" thread would come up id definaly know the score when this man posted. He seemed to just know and had the facts to back it up.
        Yall are definaly in our prayers. God has a plan.

Comment

Mark, Bobby, Matt, and all of the family,

I embrace all of you with a big hug! I am so sad and hurt deeply for your loss and mine. I have learned so much from John over the past years from being with him at our lease in San Angelo, to all those 3D shoots with him at Banana Bend, to just calling him to get his advice! He was my good friend and I will miss him very much!

I remember the first time I met him. I had never turkey hunted and he was to be my guide, caller, and instructor. I could tell by the way he answered all (and you know me I had a lot) of my questions, that he loved the whole experience of the hunt and didn't have to pull the trigger to get enjoyment. He loved to share his knowledge and passion as much as he did going hunting by himself.

We got a turkey that hunt and he was pumped cause we did it the traditional way, by walking and calling till we got a response. He got me set up to shoot and then he got in some brush behind me and started calling. In came two long beards and after I shot one he was grinning from ear to ear at my/our success. I knew then that I wanted to spend a lot more time with this man!!! I even changed from my local dentist to him and drove way farther so I could hear his stories while he worked on my teeth.

A part of him will be with me forever, as well as with many others whose lives he touched by sharing his love of the outdoors and passion for hunting. I don't want to think about what it will be like this fall without him around camp. But, his teachings will be with me on every hunt and all my great memories of him will make me smile and bring me comfort.

John, I will miss you.....
          Rest in Peace

Comment

Great memories Robyne. Thanks for sharing them.

Comment

Prayers sent. He is resting in the greatest place. God Bless you.

Comment

Very sad news!!! More prayers going up for the family!!!

Comment

Keen Family sends our prayers to you Tuthdoc,

Comment

Never had a chance to meet John in person, but I talked to him on the phone and thru pm's several times. Just from what I have seen here shows me he touched the lives of many. I always say, dont mourn the death, celebrate the life. Prayers go out to the family so God may heal their hearts. But remember, John is the lucky one now. He's in Heaven with loved ones he hasnt seen in a long while. We are the ones who are still stuck here on Earth.

Comment

TBH has lost another great personal friend to many. I never met Tuthdoc , but I realy knew him from his post here on the GS. My heart felt condolinces got to his family in this time of trial. As with all losses , remember Jen and Mailman " One day at a time" . That old song has helped me thru many difficult times as this is. May God bless and keep this family in their time of need . Amen

Comment

No words.... What a geat man who loved the LORD.

Matt, you've got my number. I'm in Kingwood, not too far from you. Call me ANYTIME if I can help.

God Bless y"all.

Comment

I don't know what to say. Matt, we will continue to pray for you and your family. He was a great man and will be sorely missed.

I haven't cried since April 7, 1994 when my dad died. That changed yesterday when I got the call about John. Rest in peace, friend.

Comment

It is getting very close to the end, and I am about to go in for my final good bye. I have thought all day about what I am going to tell him. There isn't enough time or bandwidth (he loved that word) for me to express to y'all and him what he has meant in my life. I know its going to be difficult, but I also know that I have to be there for Judy, Jen, and Jamie.

Please continue the prayers for the family, we are going to need them!!!

Comment

I feel for you, and hurt with you.

God bless.
                              If I didn't think my opinion was right, then it wouldn't be my opinion. So, any other opinion must be wrong, therefore stupid.

Comment

He'll be in a better place. My prayers for the rest of us to get through these tough times.
                                God speed John.

Comment

Working...
                                X