Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got to play golf at the first TBH Golf Tourney with Mailman and Tuthdoc. Great guys! This is sad news. Prayers to you and your family Matt. He will be missed.

Comment

Continued prayers for this Man and his family. I have been on the Green Screen November 08 and I would always notice that Tuthdoc's posts were alway nonabrasive and just good honest writing. Men like him are few and far between. Prayers again.

Comment

John, you will always be a TBH LEGEND. My thoughts continue for you and your family.

Comment

It's with a heavy heart and a loss for words that I'm reading this; so sorry for the loss... I always enjoyed his posts and insight on TBH. He was an example of the best of TBH and will be missed...

My thoughts and condolences are with the family.

Comment

I will certainly miss the Tuthdoc pics and wisdom.

Godspeed Doc.........Save us a place around your new campfire !

FW

Comment

It is with pride and honor that most of us on here knew him, if not personally, then through the green screen. I myself had the priviledge of meeting him a couple of years ago at our get together at Triple Edge. Nothing but great things to say.
              He will be greatly missed.
              Prayers for you Matt, and all the family and friends affected by this terrible loss.

Comment

Sorry to hear and prayers sent.

Comment

I remember the first time I met Tuthdoc. It was also my first trip to the Lewis ranch with the Scribner's and Tippitt's. We were there chasing Axis deer and not seeing very many. Doc goes and sets up his pop up blind in the community blind area and after his first hunt comes back with video of over 8 different axis bucks. All were still very young and in velvet but he was seeing deer when noone else was. This was also the same time the front hub on his truck went out when they went to leave. Joey, D-Mo and Clint made very short work of diagnosing the problem and putting it back together after Doc got the part in. It was funny listening to Doc tell them he couldn't fix a truck but if they ever needed tooth work he could fix em up as we scrambled to find the right tools with limited tools available.. LOL

A couple of weeks after the July trip I went back to the Lewis with Scribner, Gunner and Tuthdoc for just a few days more of hunting and feeder filling. Listening to Tuthdoc and Gunner tell stories to each other and add on to each other's stories was hilarious. If there was ever a time that Kill All Pigs was implemented anyone listening to Doc and Gunner would have thought they had made them extinct that weekend.

He had a way of telling a storie that put you right there in the middle of the action. You couldn't help but feel like you were right there with him. Not many people are that animated or articulate anymore. He was without a doubt the most honest, sincere, and humble person I have ever met.

He will definately leave a void here on TBH that will be unfillable but I guess God thought it was time he learned a thing or two about whitetail deer hunting in Texas.

Comment

The Love Family offers it condolences and prayers.....John will be missed..

Over the years I have looked forward to the stories and trail cam pictures of the deer he hunted and protected over the years and to watch them grow... or the great Axis stories and pictures from last year....when he told a story it was like we were right there setting with him....

To the Mods here at TBH , I would like to see some of John stories and the testiments of his life moved to the history section for all to remember....

John you will be forever missed....

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post

To the Mods here at TBH , I would like to see some of John stories and the testiments of his life moved to the history section for all to remember....
                      This will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                        This will happen.

Very nice gesture. Thanks Mary!

Comment

My prayers continue for you all.
                          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

still sending prayers for doc......

Comment

Heard this news last night. Very sad indeed and prayers sent for doc and his family.

Comment

Prayers goin' up for y'all. Find strength, peace and comfort in Him.
                                Godspeed John

Comment

Working...
                                X