• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say 4.5 he is not a mature deer.

Comment

whew

Comment

4.5 like the rest said give him atleast one more year.

Comment

4.5 was my first guess before reading the responses

Comment

Comment

He needs another 2 years. He still has a thin face. Looks like he is just a good eater and that makes his body look older.

Comment

Comment

looks good. I'm guessing he needs another 9 months

Rob

Comment

That deer is at least 5.5. Look at the gut on that deer. Doc I know you have some situations with poachers and do not like to show horns and intice people but why tell us he is a 170 typical 11 point and not show the horns whats the difference? I think that deer will be a shooter next year without a doubt.

Comment

Comment

I'd show the horns, but I'd get in trouble, We have several that I'd get in trouble if I posted pics. I don't think on this ranch it would matter, Main thing we have to worry about here are the hog hunters that are in the pastures before the deer shed.

There's a clean 10, 4 1/2 that will go mid 80's right now that is my favorite all time buck. Look for him in the next year or so. When I saw him as a 2 1/2, I told them he'd be the biggest typical 10 ever killed on the Junco, So far, I'm looking good, Right now, he would be the biggest and he's 4 1/2, no more than 5 1/2,

Comment

I think he is 5.5

Comment

First thoughts after looking at first and second pic is 4.5 needing 2 yrs where you are...but after reading all info above....who knows- wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                              This one is a little tricky....I can see 4.5 peak rut, 5.5 post rut.

The only catch is his hind qtrs. They appear very pointed to his tail (no roundness to the ham) - I typically only see this on 7+ yr old deer.
                              I also noticed the 'hatchet arsed' look as well. But I just cannot get him over 5.5 and although he's got a pretty well developed chest, his neck sure as heck doesn't look like that of a post mature buck. Usually a 7.5+ will have a tremendous neck, and he sure doesn't!

This is a tricky one for sure but I think he's 5.5

Comment

Ok, I went back and looked at the pics again. It wouldn't be too hard to talk me into 5.5. Hopefully he'll show a little easier next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X