No announcement yet.

axis quest...week three..attack of Rage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man those are beautiful animals! That's a really nice one. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
      But lets just say that non-typicals come in Axis form as well.
      Sure hope he has Double Drop Tines

Comment

non typical axis- cool.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Double T Ranch 009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	23844738

Name:	Double T Ranch 010.jpg
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	23844739

Comment

Well he dont look like that.. I would be done had he looked like that. I have been waiting form him to break velvet. I am not a velvet fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
            I have been waiting form him to break velvet. I am not a velvet fan.
            I've got a GOOD hard-horned axis. A big velvet axis is high on my list now. I am a velvet fan.

Comment

Man, #@$!, that does it, I'm switching from DrPepper to Pepsi.

Great post Doc! congrats guys!

Comment

just messing with you....

I actually do not care for velvet either if given the choice. White tail, axis, elk,etc... I would much rather have no velvet than velvet. Now given the chance, I aint going to say I would pass just not prefer velvet. Good luck to you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                  I've got a GOOD hard-horned axis. A big velvet axis is high on my list now. I am a velvet fan.
                  Where can you get a good Axis in velvet? Just have to wait for an escapee? I didn't think any of the ranches let you shoot velvet Axis....

Comment

Awesome!No shortage of trophies in that herd.

Comment

Mitch just THINKS he likes to hunt more than anybody else. If I shoot one before he does, then that means he likes to hunt more than I do. If I hold out til he shoots, then that means I like to hunt more than he does. I may just wait until the last minute of the last day. LOL

Actually, I told him the first time we met that I'd probably be the last one to shoot and I'd shoot him in the worst place he could be, the farthest from camp. It may hold true.

Comment

OK, where was I. Oh yeah, I was perched up in a tree. As the evening got later, the axis started coming in all in my chum. I didn't realize the one on the left was the big one or I'd have been bow in hand ready to shoot.

I had these already in, including the big one to my left from the other post. I also had one roaring by the windmill. It was getting interesting. The first one is very puny for this ranch and probably needs a dirt nap. The others are up and comers.

Name:	DSC00772.JPG
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	23844757

Name:	DSC00778.JPG
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	23844758

Name:	DSC00780.JPG
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	23844759

Name:	DSC00790.JPG
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	23844760

Name:	DSC00777.JPG
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	23844761

I was having a great hunt, then it happened. It started small, but it worried me from the beginning. I couldn't do anything to help. I tried to slowly reach for my Gatorade, but it was too late. A very small piece of phlegm was teeter-toting on my trachea. I was desparate to make it go the esophagus way and not down the pipe. I just couldn't help it. I can stop a sneeze, but haven't figured out how to suppress a cough. Some ahems and other slightly noisey methods to clear the throat and chest didn't help. All Hades broke loose. What started as a couple light coughs that didn't alarm anything turned into a vein busting hackfest. Stuff went everywhere. The whitetails and a couple of the smaller bucks came back in, but not the big one. Crud. So ended day one.

Comment

Doc .... Doc..... Doc..... Doc.....

the peanut gallery is anxiously awaiting for a massive Axis LDP's

best of luck and congrats to Bobby on his Axis

cb <*)))>{

Comment

Mitch, that one with the curvy beams is sweet and looks to be post mature.

All of them are very nice.

Comment

I love this thread. Hope you get one on the ground soon!

Comment

Congrats Bobby and good luck to the rest! Now hurry up and shoot one!

Comment

Working...
                                X