• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrickyOlGus View Post
    Tuth, you should have shot that buck!

Classic

Comment

You said the rage did a number on the axis and it was to graphic to post but is there any you could email that to me tuthdoc? I have not been able to find any pics of the aftermath of a 3 blade rage only the 2 blade. I just want to see what one does since that is what i switched to late last season. Again congrats to Bobby and I hope to see what your holding out for.

codyg_23_04 @yahoo.com

Comment

Hey Bobby, great to see a bow in your hand as well a heckuva an Axis. You Lee boys are always in a GOLD MINE. Fishing or hunting, I'm envious.....John, it's always good to sit back and read your writeups and browse the pics. Thanks for sharing you guys adventures with us here, on TBH.....

Comment

Good job Bobby, that is super nice axis. Glad to see the plan come together.

Comment

Mitch,
            I am shaking my head.

Comment

What are yall waiting on..... the world record???

Congrats on a true trophy axis bobby!

TD/Kriv,

Good Luck on a trophy axis. Yall have passed up some monsters!

Comment

I thought that rascal was a good one, but by the time he cleared tree limbs and stuff, he was too far. However, I knew he was pretty good, even from up high. A little later a buck came in and ate at 16 yards. Most of him was behind a tree limb. Last night, I was capturing pics and got to studying the deer. It was this one that had snuck back in. I thought he was at the water trough. From my perch, I still couldn't tell how good and didn't realize it until last night. From that hunt, I decided that axis deer need to be evaluated and shot from the ground. LOL

There's no ground cover to use for a popup. All the trees have browse lines here. However, if I were to hunt that area again in the future, I found a place a little further down. Within a day or two I'm sure I could get them to swarm it since they have a movement from that direction to the water trough.

Comment

Take a look at these pics and see if it's the same deer. I think it was. However, even if I had known he was as good as he is, he stayed quartering towards me and most of his vitals were behind a limb to me. If things had continued in a normal manner, I might have realized how good he was, he might have turned, and I might have shot him. However, things changed in a hurry and those things didn't have a chance to come to fruition.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00781.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	23844712

Name:	DSC00782.JPG
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	23844713

Name:	DSC00783.JPG
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	23844714

Name:	DSC00784.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	23844715

Name:	DSC00785.JPG
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	23844716

Comment

Wow!
                    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
                      Take a look at these pics and see if it's the same deer. I think it was. However, even if I had known he was as good as he is, he stayed quartering towards me and most of his vitals were behind a limb to me. If things had continued in a normal manner, I might have realized how good he was, he might have turned, and I might have shot him. However, things changed in a hurry and those things didn't have a chance to come to fruition.

Definitely the same deer... Look at the spot pattern on his back.

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats.

Comment

Very nice......congrats!

Comment

Congrats Bobby!!! That is a great axis.

Rothwell,

You can still borrow the ranger if you want. Only stipulation is that you have to keep the shiny side up and rubber side down Just let me know. Good Luck!!

Comment

Very nice bobby.
                              get it done tuthdoc.

Comment

Great Buck Bobby! Good luck John and Mitch.

Comment

Working...
                                X