Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice deer hope he comes back

Comment

Yeah, the problem is when you watch deer for a few years, you get to know their habits and haunts and when it changes radically, especially in the middle of the year, you can't help but figure the worse. Hopefully, he's lost his horns already or he is just roaming. He's always been very predictable.

Here's the one that really worries me. I posted this pic of him from a couple years ago. He's grown up in my little hidey hole and he's not a big roamer. He may show on Dog's cam a couple times and he may show on Bower's cam a couple times, but I probably get 50 to 75 pics of him all through the season. Last year, I got pics of him into early March. He's 4 1/2 this year. I hunted him for 12 days this past year before getting a set up shot at about 8 to 10 yards. I let him walk. It's just hard to shoot a 4 1/2 yo, even if I know he's at risk. Well, that's the last time he's been seen in person or on our many cams. I'm afraid he got out in one or our wheat fields chasing does and caught a bullet. It'll be a hard pill to swollow if he's gone. It wouldn't have surprised me if he'd have inched over 150 this year as a clean 10. He had potential to be a 12 next year, but really didn't have much more he could do, score wise. Last year, he got snake bit in the throat and we thought he wouldn't make it and thought about shooting him. He healed well and came back strong this year. Might as well let you see his pics.

05 pics

Last year

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 10 Lucky.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	23829799

Name:	1 17 Lucky.jpg
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	23829800

This year

Name:	crop 5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	23829808

Name:	PIC_0008 - Copy.JPG
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	23829810

And my shot. Slightly quartering away.

Name:	my shot.JPG
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	23829801
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tuthdoc; 08-05-2008, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear, Doc.

Great to finally meet you at Bownanza.

Comment

You just wanted the 20 dollars. LOL Count me in again next year.

Comment

Doc did you ever find your 40?

Comment

Sorry to hear about it doc. I too have a few deer missing. It's really sad when a "regular" goes missing. You can only ifgure the worst has happened.

Good luck on your "future" up and comers!

Jeff
              Last edited by Keith; 03-02-2008, 08:24 PM.

Comment

I hate to hear about the probable fate of those beautiful bucks. They were looking great, thanks to your management plan and letting them grow. I hope the poacher, or poachers, get thrown under the jail when they are finally caught. Hopefully the bucks will be back, and they were merely in hiding.

It was nice to see you, Dog and Mailman at Bownanza.

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
                  You just wanted the 20 dollars. LOL Count me in again next year.

OK, Buddy.

PS.Did you ever find the $40?
                  Last edited by Rsatt; 03-02-2008, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Thats a really good looking 10. Hope you find him.

Comment

Good to see you, Mailman and Dog at the Nanzer. Sorry that Matt had to miss the baby shower!

I hope both these bucks reappear. If they did fall to a poacher I hope the scumbag is caught and punished to the full extent of the law! Thanks for sharing pictures of some fine bucks.

Comment

Wow, great looking bucks, very healthy looking deer! Hope they show up SOON!

Comment

Nope, the 40 is in the hands of some lucky shopper at the Shell station I'm sure. It's gone, like my bucks, but the 40 has NO chance of showing up. LOL

Yeah, you're bad Double L. Thanks for the picture. LOL Oh, and watch that scumbag talk. LOL

Yeah, we have some deer that will make the next few years interesting. It's just those two had spots on my wall already picked out.

Yeah, it was nice meeting and visiting with everyone Saturday.

Comment

man nice deer, sorry about losing a chance at them, maybe they will surprise you next year.

Comment

Can't help myself Doc, gotta call like I see 'em. By the way did I tell ya about the $40 I found?

Comment

LOL. NO you didn't.

Dugie, how much do I owe you for my fleece? I'll get it headed back that direction with Mailman. Thanks again. I LIKE that pattern in fleece.

Comment

Working...
                                X