No announcement yet.

Brushcountry Camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few years ago I got a jacket and bibs from my wife and daughter for xmas. Problem was it was the wrong size.... They had ordered it online so I called them up. They are out of Bryan right off Hwy 6. I was able to go directly to their shop to exchange them for something that fit correctly, good people to deal with.

As far as custom stuff, I doubt it. At that time I was told they had outsourced overseas somewhere. But, I would give them a call anyway.

Comment

Found one at the Victoria Academy on the way back from the lease without a price tag on it. Got it for 9.88 plus tax. BTW, the sizes run small.

Comment

Oasis Outback in Uvalde keeps a pretty good supply of Brushcountry camo.

Comment

Academy in Longview had two Brush Country fleece pullover's with a zipper up the top...only in Medium, though. If anybody can wear Medium and wants them, I will go pick them up for you. 50% off, but I don't remember the original price...$34.95, I think.

Comment

Tuthdoc,

I found them on the brushcountry website.

Forth from the bottom...but I'm sure Academy's price would be cheaper.

Comment

Yup mine had them as well, and even though I dont really like the pattern, the fleece looked better than the reg shirts. Bought one myself - 50 % off as well.

Make a good layer

Comment

I believe Dugie found me one. Mailman's connections come through. Now, if they would just develop a bib that's unlined out of the same stuff, life would be grand.

In Texas, the need for a lined, insulated pair of bibs is limited. Years ago, Cabelas made an unlined bib overall that is just the stuff for Texas layering. I still have two. To tell you how old they are, the one Mailman wears is the original Treebark pattern and the one I wear is the original Realtree. I just replaced the zippers in mine this past summer and it almost cost as much to replace them as the bibs cost. Bibs are quiet and warm and I can see no reason why the manufacturers don't have them in their inventory. Amazing. For bows, the bibs add trunk warmth without adding arm binding and weight.

Comment

John, I know that Brush Country did make an unlined bib at one point. Whether or not they still do, I don't know.

Notice what Michael and Casey are wearing in this pic....

Click image for larger version

Name:	spike.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	23825324
                  If I didn't think my opinion was right, then it wouldn't be my opinion. So, any other opinion must be wrong, therefore stupid.

Comment

Just a quick search found http://www.winchestersports.com/Store/Brushcountry.html

Might call them.....
                    If I didn't think my opinion was right, then it wouldn't be my opinion. So, any other opinion must be wrong, therefore stupid.

Comment

Rudey it looks like Casey is wearing some of Timm's Twig and Berry cammo.

Comment

Tuthdoc, I was excited to find that fleece top at the Humble store as well. But unfortunately, I ain't seen Medium in about 10 years!

Comment

If anybody finds the fleece zip up in 2X I would be in your debt!

Comment

I just went to the Academy here in College Station and all they had left was one of the short sleeve under armor type shirts. I really want one of the fleece shirts as well. Hopefully the Victoria academy still has some.

Comment

Lufkin had a few but only 2 lgs and 2 med. and tuthdoc nows owns one on the lgs.

Comment

Yep, that's bibs alright. They have the pattern. All they need to do is make'em in fleece and I'll buy a couple.

Thanks, Dugie. I guess you heard from Matt that they laid down some San Angelo meet last week?

Chew, I tried on the medium myself. I wanted it to fit, but brainpower wouldn't overcome the strain I was putting on the fabric. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X