Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
    Water is going for 20 bucks a case at the Randalls by me, good stuff!!
    Who still shops at Randalls?

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
    My dumb4ss FIL is "evacuating" from Port Lavaca to Cuero! He's only doing THAT because my Mother-in-law is throwing a fit. Otherwise, he'd be staying in their flood plain home! I'm so mad at him I can't see straight! Cuero is no better - it's right in the heaviest rainfall zone. We've offered our entire family to come stay with us west of SA and they're all being stubborn. I just don't know what is wrong with people. Grrrrrr! I'm tempted not to waste prayers on them and focus on those that are doing the right thing.

Sorry. Just had to vent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A pair goes a long ways

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      In the event Houston needs to be evacuated please follow the instructions below to ensure a safe and orderly evacuation:

Aggies take highway 6 to College Station
      Longhorns take 290 to Austin
      Rednecks take 59 Eastex Freeway to East Texas
      Republicans take 45 North to Dallas
      Democrats take the 610 loop
      Lawyers take 45 South to Galveston
      Stole this to share with my lease buddies.. hilarious!

"Excuse me ma'am. Why are you driving in circles on the 610 loop? A big storm is coming."

I couldn't think of anything funny for her response! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
        Wife got the essentials while we were driving home yesterday.

And we have alternate means of transportation if needed.

So they really weren't out of water

Comment

Update if mandatory and voluntary evacuations

Comment

Since some shenanigans have already been posted

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1560.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	24509316

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              Since some shenanigans have already been posted

[ATTACH]870081[/ATTACH]
              Hope they all show up

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                Passed this on, thanks a million. I am sure she would have been alright in Huntsville, but why chance it.................

Thanks again.
                Rwc

Changed quick. Northbound now backed up to Shepard Hill. 75 backed up past NW High school.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  Changed quick. Northbound now backed up to Shepard Hill. 75 backed up past NW High school.
                  Got it.

Comment

Last store run. Not too bad...........
                    Attached Files

Comment

man I checked all the transtar cameras for 45 north 59 North and it appears either people are not leaving this time or the mass exodus has not happen yet?

Comment

I don't think many people are taking the storm seriously in the Houston area. The way I see it more and more models have it hanging along the coast for days. While the winds will deminish, the amount of rain this thing is supposed to dump seems unreal. We haven't lived in the Houston area to know first hand how bad the flooding is, but I've seen plenty of past videos showing the flooding. I hope people can get out while they can, once it starts raining it's guna dump for several days!

Comment

I just read on NOAA's website that Harvey now has 2 eyes. The inner eye is about 12 miles in diameter and the outter eye is 28 miles in diameter. It said when this happens with hurricanes, expect the maximum sustained winds to stay the same, or drop, but the total area experiencing these high winds increases. So even if the sustained winds drop a little in mph, this does not mean that it is weakening, but rather just the opposite. If the inner eye wall is completely replaced by the outter eye wall, then higher sustained winds and overall strengthening can be expected.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                            I just read on NOAA's website that Harvey now has 2 eyes. The inner eye is about 12 miles in diameter and the outter eye is 28 miles in diameter. It said when this happens with hurricanes, expect the maximum sustained winds to stay the same, or drop, but the total area experiencing these high winds increases. So even if the sustained winds drop a little in mph, this does not mean that it is weakening, but rather just the opposite. If the inner eye wall is completely replaced by the outter eye wall, then higher sustained winds and overall strengthening can be expected.

Watch this...

Tropical weather and Atlantic hurricane information, analysis, and forecasts by Levi Cowan.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post

Correct.. Its called an Eye Wall Replacement Cycle. Harvey just finished one in last hour or two. Typically, it wont sustain having two separate eye walls, and one will take over as the dominant eye wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                                My dumb4ss FIL is "evacuating" from Port Lavaca to Cuero! He's only doing THAT because my Mother-in-law is throwing a fit. Otherwise, he'd be staying in their flood plain home! I'm so mad at him I can't see straight! Cuero is no better - it's right in the heaviest rainfall zone. We've offered our entire family to come stay with us west of SA and they're all being stubborn. I just don't know what is wrong with people. Grrrrrr! I'm tempted not to waste prayers on them and focus on those that are doing the right thing.

Sorry. Just had to vent!

Feel your pain! My 73 yo MIL and her 80 yo boyfriend from Port Lavaca refused to leave her house in Victoria yesterday. Spent 30 minutes trying to convince them. Wanted to punch the boyfriend when he kept bringing up all the Hurricanes he rode out in Port Lavaca. They even had the audacity to say that if the flooding got bad they would leave. SMH! This morning my wife told them if they didn't leave she was coming to get them. They finally agreed to go to Yorktown and stay with some relatives.

Comment

Working...
                                X