No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone give me an update on traffic out of Huntsville headed north? Daughter coming home from college to watch this storm out.

Thanks in advance
    Rwc

Comment

Surf is up at Galveston

Casa del Mar Beachfront Suites Kitchens, 2 pools, bunks for kids & 24/7 front desk. Book Direct >> The Seawall Cam is located on , ideal for a family vacation or a weekend getaway for two.  Each fully-furnished suite offers a private

Comment

What a unbelievable site..

It seems like Harvey underwent, or is still going through an Eye Wall Replacement Cycle. Likely more deepening underway or to resume.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post

It seems like Harvey underwent, or is still going through an Eye Wall Replacement Cycle. Likely more deepening underway or to resume.
          The Corpus radar loop seems to confirm the EWRC

Comment

Great post Blue water. That thing is classic. Eye is starting to tighten again with the outer wall replacing the inner. Ramping up!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
              Anyone give me an update on traffic out of Huntsville headed north? Daughter coming home from college to watch this storm out.

Thanks in advance
              Rwc
              Wife and kids will be through there shortly. I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post

Es a big sucker!

Comment

Wife got the essentials while we were driving home yesterday.
                  Man she's a keeper for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                    Is there something like this for Corpus ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post

Thanks in advance
                      Rwc
                      I the traffic is bad she can work her way over to 39 and travel thru Normangee, Jewett to Mexia where she can catch 84 to home. Most people won't know that 39 parallels I45 and it should have less traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                        My parents and many others are staying put on Tiki Island. They are predicting a tide coming up about 6 feet, but not much more. That level is over most bulk heads and on some back patios.

What's crazy is through Sunday and Monday, they might be in better shape then us up in Houston with all the flooding.
                        That six foot tide doesnt sound all that bad until you throw a 12ft wave on top of it.. Yall stay safe.

Comment

love this site to confirm wind speeds and wave height ... a must have link for boaters

60 miles SSE of Corpus ... 23.6 ft waves , gusts to 44 kts
                          http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=42020

weather station buoys in Harvey's path
                          http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/radial_search.php?storm=at4

Comment

It will take a while for winds to respond, but this will definitely help expand the windfield.

Ike did this(EWRC) a bunch on approach, but never could fully complete it, or kept restarting the process. Really helped keep him in check(I know.. That is saying something though) up until right before landfall where he started to intensify again. However, it also lead to the massive Hurricane force windfield that extended so far, and then Tropical storm force winds being like 200 miles out from center or something(can't remember). Not saying Harvey will react the same way as Ike did as they are completely different set ups, but something interesting to point out.

Really need to hope something unexpected comes through and knocks Harvey back a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                              Wife and kids will be through there shortly. I'll let you know.
                              Appreciate it.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by W-O View Post
                                I the traffic is bad she can work her way over to 39 and travel thru Normangee, Jewett to Mexia where she can catch 84 to home. Most people won't know that 39 parallels I45 and it should have less traffic.
                                I gave her this option and S.H. 105 to S.H. 6 option.

Appreciate your response.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X