No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy feels like the quite before the storm here in Deer Park. Got to go n for at least half a day at the office. Stay safe everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by double lung View Post
      Thanks for sharing this...

Our family has a house in Lamar on Aransas Bay and some very close family friends have a house just down the road on St. Charles Bay. We came to the realization last night that both houses will probably be demolished.

Hard to think about all of the families that we have gotten to know over the years losing everything.
      My family is from Rockport, my grandpa was aransas county JP for almost 30 years. I grew up going to his house, grew up fishing from the back of his house. Many christmas and thanksgiving vacations were spent in that house. I hope it last through the storm, it is on salt lake in copano, so it is a little further back than yours. Praying for the best outcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        What's a travel trailer's tip over wind speed? Wondering if I should pull it in the barn. Deer lease trailer, so not insured.

That dirty bastage Ike layed my other one over on its side.
        better safe than sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          Here is a rainfall total map put out by the WPC. They have stressed to keep in mind that this QPF legend does not go over 20". As you can see, there is a large area maxed out at 20" and places inside that area could see quite a bit more. This map is not set in stone since it is hard to really know who will get what but y'all get the idea.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          One thing that sticks out to me is that usually they have location plots with totals listed(they do every where else).. There isn't any sort of totals listed anywhere within the Harvey swath which to me means that they are very uncertain of where and what the highest totals will be. Understandable, as it really depends on where the heavy bands set up, but disheartening.

Comment

Woke up this morning praying for all you that have family or properties in are around Calhoun, Refugio, Aransas, San Patricio, Nueces, Jackson, and Matagorda Counties.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
              better safe than sorry
              Missed that window.....rain hit last night and this morning. I don't think I can get it pulled out . It'll have to ride it out.

Comment

Future Strengthing

Ok guys I've been following this for a few days and you've been ahead of the curve to say the least.
                So the NHC forecast is now showing this thing around Galveston/Houston Wednesday as a Tropical Storm but what are your thoughts on this storm being stronger than what they are saying as it moves east?
                Keep up the great work many of us appreciate it!

Thanks,
                Jay

Comment

Good luck everyone.

I'll give some reports from the west end of Galveston till tomorrow morning

Comment

Splendora schools closed
                    Conroe schools closed too
                    Last edited by Tmag; 08-25-2017, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Poth Schools closed.

Comment

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

First decent band looks to be approaching the south side of Houston. So it begins...

I'm headed out. Don't want to be stuck at home for a week, I'm not going to be stuck at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Business as usual for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm leaving Katy for home in about 45 mins. everyone stay off hwy 6..... until I get to college station.

Comment

Got the new battery put in my home generator today and it fired right up. I hope I don't have to use it but it would be kinda nice to see if it works properly if the power goes out.

Comment

I hate to derail anything, but I have a house in Galveston rented that is beach front for Labor Day weekend ...

Should I make other plans ?

Comment

Working...
                                X