No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any real danger or major reason that would make someone evacuate from NE Houston/Kingwood? I am just landing from a business trip, thank the good lord I got in tonight and am trying to figure this thing out. My wife is stressed because we have a 1 and 3 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
      Got a wine delivery route in Katy I need to run. Thinking about telling the boss to pound sand.
      Whoa now! Gotta hook up usdown here! 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Conroe lSD just cancelled classes for tomorrow
        That auto call robot voice tols me she loved me. She tell you that too?

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
          Is there any real danger or major reason that would make someone evacuate from NE Houston/Kingwood? I am just landing from a business trip, thank the good lord I got in tonight and am trying to figure this thing out. My wife is stressed because we have a 1 and 3 year old.

We're in Kingwood and we are not leaving. It was busy this evening as far as New Caney. I really want a fully tank of propane to feel "set", but we'll be fine otherwise. If it rains like they say the San Jac will flood the south part of KW, and some local areas will probably flood too. Doesn't take much for Northpark to flood so we could get flooded in for a day or so. We're in Greentree on Brook Shadow at the top of a shallow rise. Not worried about flooding but we will find out if our french drain works like it's suppose to.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
            We're in Kingwood and we are not leaving. It was busy this evening as far as New Caney. I really want a fully tank of propane to feel "set", but we'll be fine otherwise. If it rains like they say the San Jac will flood the south part of KW, and some local areas will probably flood too. Doesn't take much for Northpark to flood so we could get flooded in for a day or so. We're in Greentree on Brook Shadow at the top of a shallow rise. Not worried about flooding but we will find out if our french drain works like it's suppose to.

Also we stayed for Ike with a 2yr old and a 6mo old. Main thing was keeping them on their schedule and staying low key. Kingwood should be fine but nobody would blame you if you wanted to visit DFW for a weekend! Good luck and be careful and gimme a shout if y'all get in a bind.

Comment

Assigned 12 hour shifts till its over about 6pm tonight.

Our schools haven't started yet but freshman son is supposed to have a football scrimmage at 1030

Comment

Good deal, hope we don't see the rains we did with Allison. We are in Fosters mill. If you run out of propane and need a bottle let me know. I have one I can spare. My grill is hooked up to nat gas so don't really need it.

Comment

We couldn't make it down to Mansfield to secure our house. The boat is in a lift on C dock. Just checked the forecast. Not good! Wonder how far I could chunk a topwater in 90 mph wind?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                    That auto call robot voice tols me she loved me. She tell you that too?
                    Told me she left me for someone else....

Comment

I'm in Willis and I have lots of pasture space to park boats, campers etc if anyone is in need.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                        Good deal, hope we don't see the rains we did with Allison. We are in Fosters mill. If you run out of propane and need a bottle let me know. I have one I can spare. My grill is hooked up to nat gas so don't really need it.

Thanks for the offer! If y'all need anything don't hesitate to give me a shout. I'm really hoping the worst we'll deal with is when to go get ice cream at Sub Zero. [emoji6]

Comment

Thanks for the offer! If y'all need anything don't hesitate to give me a shout. I'm really hoping the worst we'll deal with is when to go get ice cream at Sub Zero. [emoji6]
                          I'll contribute 2 Miller high life bottles to the effort if you or Rjk need them!

Comment

FBISD. Closed Friday and Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                              extended power outages

I know i dont want the hundreds of pounds of meat in my freezers to go to waste. Living out in the country where i do, we are the last to get utilities fixed. And our power has a history of going out in simple thunder storms.
                              this

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                                I appreciate all of you Drama Queens!!!

I don't watch/trust the news....

Joey....y'all staying or are you running off screaming like a little girl?

Comment

Working...
                                X