No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnny, thank you for the updates. Keep them coming whenever you see fit. Appreciate your insight.

Comment

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      I'm holding my tongue on what I think is about to happen over the next 5 days....making me very uneasy, more so than Ike.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Shoot me a PM. I'm just down the road a piece from you and would really like some input. I trust you more than any other weather station and don't know how to read all fancy weather stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm holding my tongue on what I think is about to happen over the next 5 days....making me very uneasy, more so than Ike.

Would like to hear them also sir

Comment

Please post what you think is going to happen. Got 2 small kids in Houston and thinking we are leaving early tomorrow to go to either Utopia or Dallas. Can't not have power with them at home.

Comment

I live on the San Bernard and could easily flood with this thing coming in. I could just as easily not flood. I cant stop a river and I can't flag away a hurricane. I can however offer my place to anyone that needs help. If you need a place to go, we welcome you. I have a big yard that can take trailers and all that sort of stuff. I have two extra bedrooms. We're set here with a generator, food, water and a window unit. 713 530 9182. Text or call if you need help. I also have an airboat if anyone needs evacuation.

Comment

If we need to know something ......spill it. Please.

Comment

Seems Recon is inside the eye now. 971mb.

Comment

Probably should have held your fingers too. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                    Seems Recon is inside the eye now. 971mb.
                    That would be cat 2...........

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                      Shoot me a PM. I'm just down the road a piece from you and would really like some input. I trust you more than any other weather station and don't know how to read all fancy weather stuff

Just to put thing in perspective, Rita's storm surge was 15 feet at our beach camp. Nothing made it. Ike was 22 feet. This storm looks capable of doing the same thing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Now is not the time to hold your tongue. Lmao

Skinny

Comment

Just information.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Harvey is currently taking up the entire GOM, with outer bands to the Bay of Campeche. Definitely strengthening with the warm waters.

Appears it will make landfall near POC, then get stuck in between 2 High pressure cells, and stall for 3-4 days High pressure systems from the NW and SE will keep it stationary and not allow it to move.

Praying for all my Texas brothers and sisters who live in the path. Hoping my opinion is 100% wrong since I've been there before ... 24" in 48 hrs.

Comment

Well crud, I went and deleted my comment and then realized it was already quoted. lol Sorry, should of kept that to myself.

I don't see this as an over hyped weather event. I believe when I started this thread, people weren't even aware of this and a few were wondering why hasn't the news picked up on this so it was under hyped at the time. What is going on now is not being over hyped, it is called reality.

Even if Harvey came in as a Cat 1 hurricane, the damage would be substantial because of the collapsing of steering currents causing major flooding issues. Now he is forecasted to be a category 3 major hurricane so the storm surge will be tremendous ( stalling out along the coast...the water just keeps piling up) and now we have serious wind damage to deal with.

After a day or 2 of just drifting around, he might start to move slowly eastward along the coast or just off the coast keeping his structure in tact and strengthening. The feeder bands just keep whipping the fire out of coastal Texas and even far inland. This torture could last till Monday, Tuesday or even Wednesday next week. If this plays out, then I can't even imagine the devastation. I'm the last one to hype something up...just having a hard time rapping my head around this.

I am hoping like heck y'all come back in here in a couple days and call me a drama queen, I really do.

Comment

Blake...what is the overall situation in LA??

I have a buddy in Sulphur who has been in really bad shape due to rains the past 60+ days and says the infrastructure can't handle any more...is this isolated (subsided) or a major issue for you guys??

Sounds like this possible stall & re-intro back into the gom could affect you guys drastically.

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                                Harvey is currently taking up the entire GOM, with outer bands to the Bay of Campeche. Definitely strengthening with the warm waters.

Appears it will make landfall near POC, then get stuck in between 2 High pressure cells, and stall for 3-4 days High pressure systems from the NW and SE will keep it stationary and not allow it to move.

Praying for all my Texas brothers and sisters who live in the path. Hoping my opinion is 100% wrong since I've been there before ... 24" in 48 hrs.

Comment

Working...
                                X