Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
    That's what I said until we lost power and shut the well down, unless your on city water

Even city water plants go down without power or get contaminated when they flood.

Comment

Weather shows this thing Tuesday over Galveston and Houston still as a TS. I believe we are in for a rough ride

Comment

****, son just called and we already lost power in Pin Oak in Katy.

Comment

And update on the storm tracking?

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
            Local news said this will be the biggest storm to hit Texas in 47 years. Lots of folks who have ridden out storms in the past haven't ridden one out like this.
            They must have forgotten about Hirricane Allen that was a Cat 5 in 1980.. I haven't!

Comment

Originally posted by ostey22 View Post
              I'm in the same boat. My Dad lives on the west end of Galveston in a old house and is dragging his feet.
              Show your Dad this.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                Passed there 10 minutes ago. We have power here in Fawnlale.

Comment

State Guard units are now rolling toward Corpus from Camp Swift and Camp Mabry. Don't know anything about FEMA or other troops but assume lots of assets are being deployed tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    State Guard units are now rolling toward Corpus from Camp Swift and Camp Mabry. Don't know anything about FEMA or other troops but assume lots of assets are being deployed tonight.
                    State has been deploying assets today and yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                      For what's it's worth my dad just got deployed to Robstown with TTF 1. I guess they're thinking that's gonna be ground zero or close to it.
                      I was an officer with FLTF2 for many years and deployments, they will stage close but not at ground zero.

Praying for a safe deployment for your Father and the rest of the task force. Those are good people.

Comment

They just forecast +30" of rain for here in Victoria and Port Lavaca.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                          Buccee's took it all.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                            This was posted on the Texags thread about the storm....

Was forwarded this text message:
                            This is from my manager who received it from a family friend:

"...His dad is Steve Radack, who is the Harris County Commissioner for Precinct 3. He said that Army Corps. of Engineers and every flood control district within Houston had an emergency board meeting this morning. Mr. Radack was briefed on their findings and has relayed the following information to my friend, who just told me the following:
                            Harvey is supposed to be much worse than expected, and worse than Allison. At this moment, they are projecting 10,000 homes under water and approximately 100,000 flooded homes around the Houston area. Colorado County is projected to get 50+ inches of rain, with surrounding counties taking on over 30+ inches. The storm is expected to hit the "heart of Houston" and everything South of Katy is expected to be devastated, including Galveston. The storm is projected to last for 5 days, moving very slowly, and most of Houston is expected to go 3 days without electricity. Put differently, according to the findings of this emergency meeting, the storm is supposed to be "catastrophic." There remains a possibility that it becomes a hurricane by the time it makes landfall.
                            The projections that are out on the local stations right now are allegedly 1/3 of the reality of the situation in an effort to curb widespread panic. He also told me that FEMA and the National Guard are already in NOLA in case there is a repeat of 2005, or something similar.
                            Harvey is supposed to arrive in Houston sometime late afternoon/evening on Friday. If this information looks to remain accurate over the next 36 hours, you might want to consider making arrangements to work from home on Friday.
                            I will let you know if I am made aware of any other relevant inside information. Be safe."
                            This exact post was just debunked on KHOU. FASLE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                              They just forecast +30" of rain for here in Victoria and Port Lavaca.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Ch 11 here in Houston just showed a huge swath along the I10 corridor and south with that amount over the next 5 days. Just crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
                                That's what I said until we lost power and shut the well down, unless your on city water
                                I am on city water. But that doesn't mean that I don't have a bunch of tap water stored. Can't these people fill up a clean cooler or other container? I mean it's not rocket science. You don't have to have bottled water to make it just fine. I'll be ****ed if I'd wait in a long line when I can fill containers at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X