No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live off of ocean dr in corpus. Will be leaving in the morning to head to a friends ranch outside Mason for the weekend. Stay safe yall

Comment

Really not liking the sudden strengthening of this storm. Also, the 4:00 p.m. National Hurricane Center update had the track shifting a bit further east... more with POC closer to the center. If this things shifts much further east, Houston could really get caught with its pants down. Regardless the mid to upper TX coast are in for some bad stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
        That's funny. " Honey, I got the smoker and beer loaded, we are ready to get out of here!"

[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
          AMEN
          Bring the essentials. BBQ pit and a fan

OH, and a cooler to keep the beer cold. Cant forget that!

#priorities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm hearing there have been fights in the Cleveland Walmart over the last few bottles of water. There's a line to the back of the store of people waiting on the next delivery truck to arrive
            Thats crazy. Just fill your bathtub with water. Most bathtubs will hold at least 30 gallons of water. Garden tubs will hold much more.

Worst case, fill some buckets of water.

By the way, 8 drops of bleach per gallon of water (stirred and rested for 30 minutes) will disinfect it safe enough for consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              I'm hearing there have been fights in the Cleveland Walmart over the last few bottles of water. There's a line to the back of the store of people waiting on the next delivery truck to arrive
              Maybe someone should tell them that you can drink tap water? Heck ee lived off the stuff back in the day.

Comment

I'm not what you would consider real close... nor really all that far... I'm not gonna like, I am not really all that comfortable with this storm. I was fine with it as a Cat 1 hitting down the coast from us... not so much a 3/4 when you consider the margin for error and typical eastward shifting trends.

Will finalize our normal preperations (I got gas and consumables earlier this week already) and just pray for the best for our family and fellow Texans.

Ya'll be safe and make good decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Think about the majority of those people!!

Comment

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

For what's it's worth my dad just got deployed to Robstown with TTF 1. I guess they're thinking that's gonna be ground zero or close to it.
                    Last edited by Moose; 08-24-2017, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      Think about the majority of those people!!
                      Thirsty?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        Maybe someone should tell them that you can drink tap water? Heck ee lived off the stuff back in the day.
                        That's what I said until we lost power and shut the well down, unless your on city water

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
                          Thats crazy. Just fill your bathtub with water. Most bathtubs will hold at least 30 gallons of water. Garden tubs will hold much more.

Worst case, fill some buckets of water.

By the way, 8 drops of bleach per gallon of water (stirred and rested for 30 minutes) will disinfect it safe enough for consumption.
                          Bro, you going to drink water out someone's tub from Cleveland. I am guessing you have never been to that Wal-Mart

Comment

Well if ur well shuts down you can just hook up to the breaker for the well with ur generator back to running water

Comment

Local news said this will be the biggest storm to hit Texas in 47 years. Lots of folks who have ridden out storms in the past haven't ridden one out like this.

Comment

Was thinking about getting a backup generator for mine Lufkin and Nacadogches are out. Mine is good, just old.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X