No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after numerous phone call and text, my dad said he aint leaving Bolivar. After Ike even the slightest tropical storm has me worried about him down there, but he seems to think other wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
      My son is at Texas State in San Marcos and he keeps telling me to chill out, he will be fine....I'm getting a little ****** off....ugh!! So far he said no warnings from school yet, so maybe he's right? Am I being paranoid? Hes living in the dorms on campus.
      Jim Spencer in Austin just showed a model that puts 22" of rain on San Marcos. He stated it was only a model and not a forecast and the most likely scenario is a stall out around Victoria. But if that model plays out things will get bad in a hurry along I-35.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
        I like this report...
        Unfortunately that is all signs of intensification, and possibly rapid intensification on the verge of resuming..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
          Doubt you'll be closing tomorrow unless you're paying cash. Insurance won't write new policy with storm in the gulf and lender won't fund with out insurance.
          Good news is they ARE paying cash..... I guess I will hold off until next week to cancel my policy just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
            Unfortunately that is all signs of intensification, and possibly rapid intensification on the verge of resuming..

Wishful thinking. I don't speak Hurricane.

Comment

CCBluewater:

Should be seeing the eye clear out pretty soon by the looks of it. Satellite imagery you can see some intense thunderstorms "hot towers" firing off around the eye wall. I think once eye clears out it will start dropping pressure pretty fast again. ..

Which image website are your watching this on currently?

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                Will you ride over on Sunday and stand my tower blind back up on our lease in Sheridan, that would be great! Just got the darn thing stood back up and fixed last Saturday but didn't have time to anchor it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Sure can! Just let me know where abouts in sheridan! I will be checking our place on sunday anyways just south of sheridan.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  A quick tip, put a glass of ice cubes in your freezer. THat way you will know if your freezer looses power, how warm it got in there. if you have cubes your still good, if you have a frozen glass of water, time to empty it. I always leave a solo cup full of ice in mine at the ranch just to know.
                  This was the best thing I read on this whole thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                    Well after numerous phone call and text, my dad said he aint leaving Bolivar. After Ike even the slightest tropical storm has me worried about him down there, but he seems to think other wise.
                    I'm in the same boat. My Dad lives on the west end of Galveston in a old house and is dragging his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
                      CCBluewater:

Should be seeing the eye clear out pretty soon by the looks of it. Satellite imagery you can see some intense thunderstorms "hot towers" firing off around the eye wall. I think once eye clears out it will start dropping pressure pretty fast again. ..

Which image website are your watching this on currently?
                      In the truck now so not sure this will work as well..

COD: GOES16 Visible

Comment

This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach and I'm several hundred miles from saltwater.

You coasties keep yer powder dry down there. I don't have much to offer in the way of help, but I've got an acre of pasture to park stuff on...

Comment

Originally posted by ostey22 View Post
                          I'm in the same boat. My Dad lives on the west end of Galveston in a old house and is dragging his feet.
                          at least he is dragging, mine isn't doing nothing and doesn't plan on it. Atlas he got him some gas and water.

On a different note some of my immediate has went to school with your immediate family. we should talk one day.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
                            Sure can! Just let me know where abouts in sheridan! I will be checking our place on sunday anyways just south of sheridan.

I'm just picking with ya. Thanks though. More than likely I'll be standing it back up and repairing again next weekend though.

Comment

We boarded up and left Portland about 3. Traffic is getting heavier on 77 now. Said there is a mandatory evacuation for all of San Pat county.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                                Where is "here"?
                                Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                                In the truck now so not sure this will work as well..

COD: GOES16 Visible

Thanks.. Worked like a charm. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X