Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
    My neighbor is a fireman in Katy. He has been to several area meetings, and this doesn't jive with what he's been told. I seriously doubt that the fire depts. are being kept in the dark.
    My unit just had a meeting with our Lieutenant who was passing down info from members of that 'contingency plan' meeting. We didnt hear ANY of that

Can you imagine the repercussions county and state leaders would have to deal with if this part was true....
    The projections that are out on the local stations right now are allegedly 1/3 of the reality of the situation in an effort to curb widespread panic.
    Last edited by Quackerbox; 08-24-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RACK View Post
      Well our offshore boat is mored at Port A marina in the harbor on 12 ft floating docks. We've done all we can do . She cannot be trailered because of the flying bridge. Insurance man just said they all received a moritorium yesterday for the entire Texas coast line. It ain't good for any of us .
      Buddy of mine has his express tied there as well. He's in the same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
        Anyone in Katy thinking of evacuating? Debating on what my wife should do right now.
        We are staying put. I have tried to evacuate before just to sit in traffic. I have provisions, gas, and a generator for my fridge, freezer or small window unit.
        During the tax day floods we had 17.5" in 24 hours. Hopefully we can stand 20-30 as long as it is over 4-5 days as projected. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
          worth repeating.

this is not a ride-it-out storm... a tree that lands on your house can and will kill you graveyard dead.

get in your car, take the stuff you can't replace, and leave now.
          "It isn't THAT the wind is blowin'...it's WHAT the wind is blowin'. If you get hit with a Volvo, it doesn't really matter how many situps you did that morning."

Comment

I say if you are on the coast and right in the path, get out. Everybody else, don't let the media spin you up. They are selling hot dogs and maxi pads with the skyrocketing ratings. You can't reason with a hurricane. Have water, food a generator and a window unit. Other than that, let her rip and have a hurricane party with friends and family.

Comment

I'm not so worried about it coming ashore the first time. My concerns are if it pushes back off shore and builds again. Then everyone in the Houston/Beaumont Area, regardless if your house is flooded or not, could be in a bind due to all the roads being flooded.

I'm thinking of heading North tomorrow to the in laws just to be out of town in case something happens early next week.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                I'm not so worried about it coming ashore the first time. My concerns are if it pushes back off shore and builds again. Then everyone in the Houston/Beaumont Area, regardless if your house is flooded or not, could be in a bind due to all the roads being flooded.

I'm thinking of heading North tomorrow to the in laws just to be out of town in case something happens early next week.

My wife is trying to convince her sister in law that she shouldn't stay in house Galveston this weekend. No luck so far, but I hope she changes her mind. She's a sweet lady and I don't want her stuck there because the roads are flooded...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
                  Your just off topic. I said that when it was projected to be a Cat 1. Had to go to college during a Cat 1 as well. They didn't even cancel classes. Now that it's projected to be a Cat 3. We have moved on. That comment was directed at a specific person who said a specific thing. Move on.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                  Never occurred to you that those preparing when it was just supposed to be a Cat 1 were prepping for a more worse case scenario, which appears to be coming to fruition.

Bottom line is they have water, gas and food, what do you have, your pride?

Comment

I saw this a little while ago, hope there's no truth to it.
                    Sounds like the freaking apocalypse... hope its a bull**** story too

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                      North.

and East and West

oh, and with this particular storm, also the South.
                      Ray of sunshine, you are. Smartass....

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley64 View Post
                        Sounds like the freaking apocalypse... hope its a bull**** story too

Even johnny and bonesplitter aren't good enough to say who is getting 50" of rain over the next 5 days. No way that's completely true. Lots of fertilizer mixed in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          Never occurred to you that those preparing when it was just supposed to be a Cat 1 were prepping for a more worse case scenario, which appears to be coming to fruition.

Bottom line is they have water, gas and food, what do you have, your pride?
                          Na, Cat 1 isn't nothing to worry about. Once they said Cat 3, I said it changed everything and forget what I said. So you can move along.... Lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone in Katy thinking of evacuating? Debating on what my wife should do right now.
                            Same boat.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

Whatever you decide to do.. please make a decision early.. like now....
                              Do not be one of those idiots that decide Saturday morning to jump on I45N to Dallas....
                              I can guarantee you , you wont be going anywhere.
                              Seen it.
                              Delivered water to people that sat parked for almost full days during the last big one..
                              You wont enjoy it.
                              Your car will overheat.
                              Aint no one coming to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                                "It isn't THAT the wind is blowin'...it's WHAT the wind is blowin'. If you get hit with a Volvo, it doesn't really matter how many situps you did that morning."
                                Well that's a relief...wasn't planning on doing any!!

Comment

Working...
                                X