Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    Why is sand bags in the swear filter?
    It took me a second to get it also, then I chuckled.

Comment

Anyone in Katy thinking of evacuating? Debating on what my wife should do right now.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
        Dumb question, my wife wants to stay I want to get the hell out of here (Victoria) found rooms in Waco. Is waco better than Victoria or will it be just as bad??
        just my opinion,

Victoria is ~ 40 miles from the GOM. If the hurricane makes landfall at Corpus, or anywhere West of Victoria, you could experience major, serious flooding.

Waco is ~ 200 miles from the GOM and you will be MUCH safer from the hurricane side effects ... flooding, downed power lines, loss of electricity, flying debris, 80+ mph winds, etc....

I would not want to be living anywhere along SH 35 , as it has the potential to get real ugly. Even towns near Hwy59 are gonna see significant rain, winds, and flooding. If the hurricane stalls for 1-3 days like several predictions, I won't be surprised if some areas get 18" - 24" of rain.

I grew up, and still live along the LA coast. Been through 50 yrs of hurricanes and TS's. Mother Nature is nothing to mess around with ; especially if your West of the eye / landfall

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
          Dumb question, my wife wants to stay I want to get the hell out of here (Victoria) found rooms in Waco. Is waco better than Victoria or will it be just as bad??
          I for one, would feel a lot more comfortable in Waco.

Comment

ha****
            hand bag
            Last edited by wow; 08-24-2017, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Last alert I got was that Jackson County was voluntary...I didn't know Judge Simons had signed an order...my bad.

Jackson County Judge Simons has issued a MANDATORY Evacuation Order for Jackson County.
              MANDATORY MEANS ALL CITIZENS IN JACKSON COUNTY ARE UNDER A MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDER.
              ALL CITIZENS NEED TO TAKE THIS ORDER VERY SERIOUSLY AND REMOVE YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY FROM THE PATH OF THIS VERY DANGEROUS HURRICANE
              AGAIN, JACKSON COUNTY IS NOW UNDER A MANDATORY EVACUATION AND NO SHELTERS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN JACKSON COUNTY.
              ALL EMERGENCY SERVICES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE WHEN WINDS REACH 45MPH OR ABOVE. SO PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF YOU DECIDE TO STAY, YOU WILL HAVE TO BE SELF SUSTAINED.
              Last edited by Tx_Wader; 08-24-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                Anyone in Katy thinking of evacuating? Debating on what my wife should do right now.
                we are across the beltway from jersey village and are staying as of now. I'd only evacuate if the models shifted this thing north where we would see the winds, or if I thought there was a chance of getting more than 4' of water in the house (even then it would be a short evac to a house that had two stories).

Do whatever you think is best, I doubt you would regret evacuating.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                  Jackson County isn't mandatory. It's voluntary.
                  No, it's not voluntary. My post up above was direct from Jackson County Office of Emergency Management.

Comment

I live in Katy. We evacuated for Rita and stayed for Ike. Rita was a nightmare during evacuation (had a ball at the ranch though for several days). Other than the inconvenience of no electricity for 48 hours, I'm glad we didn't leave for Ike.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                      the letter d followed with bag. you know, like something you would call most cowboys fans.
                      You can get around the filter by typing "snappertapper" in place of DB.

Comment

I live in the worst part of sw Houston that floods when it drizzles I'll be staying but have the boat ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No. We are 4' higher than everything around us for miles. I think it is gonna get a little intense though come Friday night/Saturday/Sunday...then again, this is my first go at a hurricane, so we stocked up pretty well, got a week's worth of what we need.

Comment

What time is Harvey supposed to come ashore? Friday night correct?

Comment

Getting nervous living between​ where Spring Creek and Cypress Creek converge.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                                You can get around the filter by typing "snappertapper" in place of DB.
                                Hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X