Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JHT View Post
    So you start your generator once a month to be prepared. No one does but that's ok. Cmon man...

Say this storm hits us hard. You lose power and in a few days you run out of gas.

The guy buying all the gas today won't look so foolish will he?
    A little ocd. Part of my job is safety and security. Have every month this summer. Lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
      Just read that port aransas has issued mandatory evacuation for all high profile vehicle such as rv'S and trailers to be off the island by 6:00 pm tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We have interests in Port A. Property management will close the storm shutters on the condo, we're on the second floor, but it looks like our boat will have to ride out the storm in the boat barn.

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
        Johnny.. I just want to take the time to thank you for calling this so early. Thanks for your dedication and time...
        Ditto
        Hope everyone gets their prep done. Sure helps to get an early call on the Green Screen.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
          That's why I'm staying home all weekend.

You do realize these models have hurricane force winds 150+ miles inland.

I'm not real familiar with Houston, but if this keeps moving up the coast, Kingwood isn't 150+ miles inland is it?

Comment

Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread. I appreciate the insight and it was nice to start warning the family several days ago before mainstream media was picking up on this.

Comment

I can offer storage of boats etc. I'm not far off I10 on the east side of SA. Only have an acre. Even though there may still be some high winds.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                So you start your generator once a month to be prepared. No one does but that's ok. Cmon man...

Say this storm hits us hard. You lose power and in a few days you run out of gas.

The guy buying all the gas today won't look so foolish will he?
                My point was all the gas stations running out in my area. Get all the gas you want, but dang, some of us have to get to work.

Comment

Austin is always crowded, but not far from the coast.
                  If any coastal TBH brothers or sisters need anything, don't hesitate to ask.
                  I'll help if I can.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    Your right. A big rain event shouldn't cause anyone any trouble in Houston.

Oh wait....
                    That's actually the Houston ship channel. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by fullsizeaggie View Post
                      I can offer storage of boats etc. I'm not far off I10 on the east side of SA. Only have an acre. Even though there may still be some high winds.
                      Ditto here. I have 22 acres. 5 of which is clear and flat. NW of San Antonio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a spare bedroom, (bunkbeds), on Cedar Creek Lake if any of you evacuees are heading this far North. I'd be happy to put you up.

Comment

This doesn't sound good when the science guys start using words like "astounding".

Link

Originally posted by NHC
                          With Harvey now strengthening at a faster rate than indicated in
                          previous advisories, the intensity forecast has become quite
                          concerning. Water vapor images indicate that the cyclone's outflow
                          is expanding--indicative of low shear--and Harvey will be moving
                          over a warm eddy of high oceanic heat content in the western Gulf of
                          Mexico in about 24 hours. As a result of these conditions, several
                          intensity models, including the ICON intensity consensus, are now
                          explicit showing Harvey reaching major hurricane intensity. What's
                          more astounding is that some of the SHIPS Rapid Intensification
                          indices are incredibly high. As an example, the guidance is
                          indicating a 70 percent chance of Harvey's winds increasing by 45 kt
                          over the next 36 hours. Based on this guidance, the NHC official
                          intensity forecast now calls for Harvey to reach major hurricane
                          strength by 36 hours, before it reaches the middle Texas coast.
                          Last edited by 1369; 08-24-2017, 11:30 AM.

Comment

It's total pandemonium here in Brazoria county.... Generators- sold out, gas cans-sold out, groceries stores-sold out, plywood-on the way to being sold out..

I went to bed and the were predicting just a tropical storm at land fall......... Now a CAT 3 or better... And they still aren't sure where it's heading... Guessing at best... The one thing that I've learned living on the coast my whole life is that the weather forecasters guess just that, a guess..
                            I don't wish this storm on anyone on the Texas coast... Don't get caught up in the forecast and get caught with your pants down... These things have a mind of their own... Always have..

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                              This doesn't sound good when the science guys start using words like "astounding".

Link
                              Yea this is going to be one for the record books I'm afraid.....
                              A lot of folks won't be ready for this bad dude....

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                                It's total pandemonium here in Brazoria county.... Generators- sold out, gas cans-sold out, groceries stores-sold out, plywood-on the way to being sold out..

I went to bed and the were predicting just a tropical storm at land fall......... Now a CAT 3 or better... And they still aren't sure where it's heading... Guessing at best... The one thing that I've learned living on the coast my whole life is that the weather forecasters guess just that, a guess..
                                I don't wish this storm on anyone on the Texas coast... Don't get caught up in the forecast and get caught with your pants down... These things have a mind of their own... Always have..
                                This is exactly happened to us down in Mexico for Odile. It went from a storm to serious hurricane in no time

Comment

Working...
                                X