X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Jeremy; 08-24-2017, 11:10 AM. Reason: Double Post

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
      It is mainly the unprepared that freak out...
      Good point...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

https://twitter.com/pppapin/status/900575130480463872

Great visual explaining the complexity of what can happen with this storm

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          When it turns northward, let's revisit your ridiculous reasoning as why not to prepare. The whole **** coast should be preparing.

Agreed.
          Heck, i live 60 miles northwest of Downtown Houston. Even i will not take this lightly. We are on the border of 12-20" rain total in the previous rain model

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
            Could you post a before and after pic of this radar? My work wont allow me to access any of the current radar

Here is a really cool loop showing development since yesterday afternoon.. Just have to click play. May take a while to load since it is a huge file im sure.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
              True, I have gas for my generator. Start it every month to make sure it runs. Always be prepared. I was talking specifically about this storm and NE Houston.

Your right. A big rain event shouldn't cause anyone any trouble in Houston.

Oh wait....

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                Went to HEB this morning and was waiting in line about 100 yds long. Got in and they were only limited to 4 cases of water/person. Luckily that's all I needed. About got into a fight over gas cans. They had plenty but they were going quick. There was an elderly gentlemen there cussing up a storm cause no one plugged in the scooters and they didn't have enough charge.

Finally made it out of there and headed over to Home Depot for a few more sheets of plywood. They had plenty but folks were still **** about getting theirs. I watched an older lady get the last generator off the shelf just as a man came rushing around the corner claiming that a store employee was holding that for him. She was going to give it up. I had to step in and tell this guy to **** off. It was on the shelf so it was fair game to whom ever got it first. He muttled something under his breath and stomped off.

Tensions are high but keep your cool folks, this is the time to be understanding and help one another. I then watched that same man that argued with the old lady over the generator help her load it in her truck. Then I felt good again
                I got a pallet of water this morning here at the office if you need a couple more.

Comment

Well bye.... Harvey [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

KHOU is saying landfall at Rockport?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      Your right. A big rain event shouldn't cause anyone any trouble in Houston.

Oh wait....
                      That's why I'm staying home all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post

That's funny. " Honey, I got the smoker and beer loaded, we are ready to get out of here!"

Comment

Just read that port aransas has issued mandatory evacuation for all high profile vehicle such as rv'S and trailers to be off the island by 6:00 pm tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post

AMEN
                            Bring the essentials. BBQ pit and a fan

OH, and a cooler to keep the beer cold. Cant forget that!

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
                              True, I have gas for my generator. Start it every month to make sure it runs. Always be prepared. I was talking specifically about this storm and NE Houston.

So you start your generator once a month to be prepared. No one does but that's ok. Cmon man...

Say this storm hits us hard. You lose power and in a few days you run out of gas.

The guy buying all the gas today won't look so foolish will he?

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                                Pretty much battened down here in Victoria. (I don't think most other people are though) I'm gonna have to ride it out here with work but thinking I'm gonna put momma and the boys on the road north this afternoon.

Here in Victoria also. Last night we were just going to pick up around the house. This morning decided to board up when I got off today. Now trying to decide if we're going to stick around or hook up the rv and head west.

Comment

Working...
                                X