Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    I told her we have a water well, just make a run for some Coors Light!
    If you can't get water I guess that's about as close as you can get!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Wife went shopping this morning in Alvin. Said it has a mad house. No bottled water and 20 people in line to fill their 5 gallon jugs. I told her we have a water well, just make a run for some Coors Light!
      I got my coors ready! Hell, I may just bathe in it if we run outta water 😁.

Stores in Conroe were out of water yesterday, people are getting anxious.

Stay safe folks on the coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Cazador View Post
        If you can't get water I guess that's about as close as you can get!
        Got a waterwell and 2 ponds, one rice canal and a couple bayous....we good on water

Comment

Yep they are starting to say Cat 2, maybe Cat 3. Coprus Christi should start mandatory evacuations soon, if this keeps building.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
              Long way out, date is at the top.

THanks, that looks promising!

Comment

So you're saying that maybe I should go deep sea fishing Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
                  Rita we were without power five days and Ike we were without power two days. This is north Houston, not an evacuation area. If you live in Corpus or Coastal Bend, yea you better get ready. I've road out Cat 1 storms in our cabin 50 yards from the gulf. I guess I just don't understand all the panic. Its going to rain in Houston.
                  Yea well macho man, I went thru Ike in Kingwood too and we were without power for almost 3 weeks... Tree on my house, had to gang up with neighbors and chain saw our way out of our neighborhood just to get to a major road like Woodland Hills and North Park or Kingwood drive... Even with gennys going, I stlll lost thousands of dollars worth of venison and fish... That ain't happening to me again. I also was in Kingwood in '94 and 2001 when we had feet, not inches of water in the gym at Kingwood high school.... There's less run-off capability in the area now than back then, so GOOD LUCK! ...and NONE of those events were close to what the predictions are for this storm...

I hope your macho don't get you (and your family) in serious trouble.

I'm not in Kingwood any longer, but I promise you I'll be as prepared as I can be for anything that comes along...

Comment

Here in Portland full blown plans are taking place. Looks like someone stirred up an ant bed. We are digging in. Getting everything ready, luckily I was already prepared 90% of the way. Moving some animals today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Victoria is only 70miles from the coast.
                      Try 40 miles straight shot to the gulf.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                        Good call Stolle. I'm fixing to call my uncle to see if Eddie is heading down today as well. If not then I'm going to tell him to.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

He was already here. He boarded up yesterday and then headed to the deer lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Yea well macho man, I went thru Ike in Kingwood too and we were without power for almost 3 weeks... Tree on my house, had to gang up with neighbors and chain saw our way out of our neighborhood just to get to a major road like Woodland Hills and North Park or Kingwood drive... Even with gennys going, I stlll lost thousands of dollars worth of venison and fish... That ain't happening to me again. I also was in Kingwood in '94 and 2001 when we had feet, not inches of water in the gym at Kingwood high school.... There's less run-off capability in the area now than back then, so GOOD LUCK! ...and NONE of those events were close to what the predictions are for this storm...

I hope your macho don't get you (and your family) in serious trouble.

I'm not in Kingwood any longer, but I promise you I'll be as prepared as I can be for anything that comes along...
                          Slick....do you smell that? Smells like the down wind side of the stockyards.

Comment

Fill your truck up with fuel. Some stations are starting to limit to 20 gallons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                              Really ominous what is going on right now with how Harvey is blowing up.. scary situation developing. Harvey is still deepening, and has closed off an eye wall. Will probably see an eye in the next few hours, and it could really take off after that. This does not look like a 60MPH Tropical storm right now.. It looks like an intensifying Cat 1 at the moment but winds have not caught up to the pressure drop yet.

Time to stop focusing so much on models, and where the squiggly line is pointing, and focus on being prepared if you are anywhere near the coast. I think slight East ward shifts in the track will be coming, and storms like this when they start rapidly intensifying can start making Pole-ward shifts(northerly in our case).

Not an official forecast... Just an opinion. Follow the NHC!
                              AGREED! A defined eye wall means 90mph winds to me.

Comment

I need to lay my Redneck tower stand over.....SUCKS! But I don't want it ruined

Comment

Working...
                                X