No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random screenshot for others like myself that need visuals to grasp the situation.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
      I agree they are crazy. I saw one guy at the gas stations filling up about 20, 20 gallon gas cans. What the hell are they preparing for. LOL

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
      extended power outages

I know i dont want the hundreds of pounds of meat in my freezers to go to waste. Living out in the country where i do, we are the last to get utilities fixed. And our power has a history of going out in simple thunder storms.

Exactly. The last storm of this magnitude we emptied every gas can and the 40 gallon tank on my boat and then had to drive to Bryan to get gas so that I could keep freezers going and water well going.

Comment

Looks like we are in the line of fire here in Victoria. Be safe guys!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          Exactly. The last storm of this magnitude we emptied every gas can and the 40 gallon tank on my boat and then had to drive to Bryan to get gas so that I could keep freezers going and water well going.

I don't think he has spent 2 weeks without power in the post storm wonderful weather either.

Comment

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
            Have not seen anything that shows it coming in that soon. When was this?

NOAA posted it to facebook a couple of hours ago.. but looking at the chart it is the earliest possible arrival time for tropical storm force winds.

The chart below is showing the hurricane to make LF 1Am Saturday.. then they are predicting it to back track over basically the same path.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
              I don't think he has spent 2 weeks without power in the post storm wonderful weather either.

Rita we were without power five days and Ike we were without power two days. This is north Houston, not an evacuation area. If you live in Corpus or Coastal Bend, yea you better get ready. I've road out Cat 1 storms in our cabin 50 yards from the gulf. I guess I just don't understand all the panic. Its going to rain in Houston.

Comment

Really ominous what is going on right now with how Harvey is blowing up.. scary situation developing. Harvey is still deepening, and has closed off an eye wall. Will probably see an eye in the next few hours, and it could really take off after that. This does not look like a 60MPH Tropical storm right now.. It looks like an intensifying Cat 1 at the moment but winds have not caught up to the pressure drop yet.

Time to stop focusing so much on models, and where the squiggly line is pointing, and focus on being prepared if you are anywhere near the coast. I think slight East ward shifts in the track will be coming, and storms like this when they start rapidly intensifying can start making Pole-ward shifts(northerly in our case).

Not an official forecast... Just an opinion. Follow the NHC!

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                  Really ominous what is going on right now with how Harvey is blowing up.. scary situation developing. Harvey is still deepening, and has closed off an eye wall. Will probably see an eye in the next few hours, and it could really take off after that. This does not look like a 60MPH Tropical storm right now.. It looks like an intensifying Cat 1 at the moment but winds have not caught up to the pressure drop yet.

Time to stop focusing so much on models, and where the squiggly line is pointing, and focus on being prepared if you are anywhere near the coast. I think slight East ward shifts in the track will be coming, and storms like this when they start rapidly intensifying can start making Pole-ward shifts(northerly in our case).

Not an official forecast... Just an opinion. Follow the NHC!
                  Just looked at the satellite loops on NHC...that is one big *** storm and growing. Can see it starting to wrap tighter. This thing is going to get nasty

Comment

Wife went shopping this morning in Alvin. Said it has a mad house. No bottled water and 20 people in line to fill their 5 gallon jugs. I told her we have a water well, just make a run for some Coors Light!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      Wife went shopping this morning in Alvin. Said it has a mad house. No bottled water and 20 people in line to fill their 5 gallon jugs. I told her we have a water well, just make a run for some Coors Light!
                      Pretty much water anyway right?

Comment

I think we may down to POC this afternoon so we can board up tomorrow morning. Fun times!

Comment

You guys hunker down and get safe. I'm watching this from 500 miles away, but it has got to be a booger being on the coast

Comment

This *should* update every 30 minutes automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                              Pretty much water anyway right?
                              White water!

Comment

I'm going to agree with Johnny and others on here. This storm is ramping up quick and I think we will see a much stronger system than what everyone is "forecasting" right now. I would not be surprised to see a strong Cat 2 + storm when it hits.

Comment

Working...
                                X