No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GFS running right now is looking interesting. Drastically different from earlier
    Last edited by Jaybo31; 08-23-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
      The GFS running right now is looking interesting. Drastically different from earlier
      What changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
        What changed?
        X2 Looks similar

Comment

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
          What changed?

Comes in starts to move up then back towards Mexico. Same path as the cmc model earlier today. It's not finished running yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Jaybo31; 08-23-2017, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
            Well, I'm not worried but if anything approaching the kind of rainfall they are projecting hits in the wrong place (Houston, Hill Country or I-35 corridor between Austin & San Antonio) the results would be disastrous.

Just gotta hope it hits somewhere else. Even then, damage to farms in SE Texas could be huge. Somebodies getting hit.
            I personally would love to see it sit around San Angelo and just dump rain all over the hill country, there's going to be flooding for sure.

Comment

Look at it again... now the model is showing San Antonio and south Texas taking the direct hit. Then back tracking over the same area.

Comment

Local weather said landfall between Rockport and Port A, then spinning over Victoria before going back into the gulf.

Comment

Watching that one looks worse for Houston area, like really bad rain hanging around until like nest Friday.

Comment

That is a lot different now that I watch it closer!

Comment

Haven't seen lines for gas in a long time. Carb is stuck on the generator guess I'll tackle that while I watch it rain.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
                        Local weather said landfall between Rockport and Port A, then spinning over Victoria before going back into the gulf.

Victoria is only 70miles from the coast. Every one seems to be dismissing this as a wind event. If it were to stall sooner than predicted and given another 24hrs over close to 90* water it could ramp up quick. I remember Bill just 2 years ago sprinted across the gulf and ran out of water, he was getting his stuff together right before the coast line. If the NWS got everything correct, we wouldn't have predictions, we'd have facts.

Comment

No water at Kroger in Rosenberg... I opted for cheap beer.. found water, liquor and cigars at specs! [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Comment

levls wed blog.....https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/

Comment

I think most if not all are worried about a Rain event, not a wind event.

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                              Victoria is only 70miles from the coast. Every one seems to be dismissing this as a wind event. If it were to stall sooner than predicted and given another 24hrs over close to 90* water it could ramp up quick. I remember Bill just 2 years ago sprinted across the gulf and ran out of water, he was getting his stuff together right before the coast line. If the NWS got everything correct, we wouldn't have predictions, we'd have facts.

Comment

So my GF is going to dental school at the university of Texas Houston dental school. It's downtown Houston in the medical center. She has me scheduled to come in Friday, she has a deadline to get a few things completed and I have a case that she needs to complete. Her school has not cancelled yet and they told the students today that it was unlikely they would school. So I'm in a predicament on what to do. I'm trying to talk her into coming home but she can't miss school and if I don't go she doesn't get the credit she needs. I know when it starts raining Friday we won't be getting out of Houston. And I for sure dang sure don't want to be trapped in Houston..... really hopping they cancel school, but as of today that's a no go.

Comment

Working...
                                X