Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Look out the window and see if the gar are floating. Glad you are alive and dry Charlie.
    Steve, funny you should post this! This afternoon, I did walk the drainage from the front of my property all the way to the back of the property WITH MY BOW!! ... the creek is flowing big time obviously and the water is gin clear... I didn't see any fish, but I will check it again tomorrow!

Comment

Skeeters are out in full ****in force now....
      Load up on thermacell juice.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post

You ain't lyin. Little devils nearly carried me off this evening

Comment

Did you make it into beaumont?? Hwy 90?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            I have one of those fancy continuous electronic rain gauges in a weather station in my back yard in Tarkington... 53.07" from noon friday until right now... Heck, it's still raining off and on here!! Dang! This is getting old!
            I can not even imagine getting 4 1/2 FEET of rain in less than a week, Charlie. It takes at least 2 years to get that much rain in Abilene. I'm glad you're OK through all of that, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
              Did you make it into beaumont?? Hwy 90?
              No. Trying to get it together for tomorrow...but not sure yet
              But 90 is passable... several buds made it no issues.. it goes down to two lanes is only setback

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                I can not even imagine getting 4 1/2 FEET of rain in less than a week, Charlie. It takes at least 2 years to get that much rain in Abilene. I'm glad you're OK through all of that, brother.
                Shane, I am blessed beyond imagination!! Devastation all around us... Couldn't get out, and our home was on an island for a while that was no bigger than half an acre and the house was smack dab in the middle of it... Some serious prayers of thanksgiving going out from this household!!

Our church is in the front of Kingwood so I know we will be non stop for the foreseeable future... many members of our church family have been hit hard... some have lost everything...

This disaster is just so big and spread out over such a large area! It is just unimaginable! ...heard on the tv the devastation so far has covered over 2000 square miles!! GOOD GRIEF!!

Comment

No. Trying to get it together for tomorrow...but not sure yet
                  But 90 is passable... several buds made it no issues.. it goes down to two lanes is only setback
                  Ok thanks! I'm trying to get south of beaumont, but 69 south is closed.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Shane, I am blessed beyond imagination!! Devastation all around us... Couldn't get out, and our home was on an island for a while that was no bigger than half an acre and the house was smack dab in the middle of it... Some serious prayers of thanksgiving going out from this household!!

Our church is in the front of Kingwood so I know we will be non stop for the foreseeable future... many members of our church family have been hit hard... some have lost everything...

This disaster is just so big and spread out over such a large area! It is just unimaginable! ...heard on the tv the devastation so far has covered over 2000 square miles!! GOOD GRIEF!!
                    God's people will be shining His light over all of that area for a good long while. That part is encouraging. I hate that so many are hurting, but God will be working through His people to love on people in all kinds of ways.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      Ok thanks! I'm trying to get south of beaumont, but 69 south is closed.
                      Zello texas navy had several guys taking about their routes...

Comment

Zello texas navy had several guys taking about their routes...

Ok I'll pickup the channel. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                          Yes sir, just got word that my Mom and Dads house off F.M. 408 in Bridge City is taking on water.

I'll be headed that way with drying out equipment as soon as I can get in.

Rwc
                          Sorry to hear that Richard. It sucks. Prayers for all affected. I will be doing the same in sugarland at my inlaws house whenever we can get in. We are still at risk with the Brazos/Bastrop/Oyster Creek rising. The orange flood water has yet to hit us. That should change in the morning. Still a waiting game. grrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

I'm going to start getting all my info here. The **** TV stations are bringing politics into it now. Can't watch anymore.

All I can do is keep praying for everyone. Wish I could do more.

Comment

We are about to head out with the boat in Vidor

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                                We are about to head out with the boat in Vidor
                                Prayers for safety...

Comment

Working...
                                X