Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
    Yea, the latest ECMWF run is nuts. Comes ashore just south of Corpus/Corpus on Saturday, around San Antonio/Austin on Sunday, back to Corpus on Monday, just offshore in the Gulf on Tuesday, and back ashore around the TX/LA line on Tuesday.
    Yessir. Lots of rain after the 27th

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
      Yea, the latest ECMWF run is nuts. Comes ashore just south of Corpus/Corpus on Saturday, around San Antonio/Austin on Sunday, back to Corpus on Monday, just offshore in the Gulf on Tuesday, and back ashore around the TX/LA line on Tuesday.
      Not to mention it strengthening quite a bit before it makes it's second landfall around sabine pass. That euro run is pretty wild.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
        The last one I remember was Hurricane Claudette that hit the Port O'connor area in July of 2003. It actually strengthened quickly right before landfall and then moved westward across the state. It did not loose much intensity till it moved across the state. I did quite a bit of tree and roof damage in Bee County. Lot of folks lost electricity for almost a week in the smaller towns.
        We lost our house in indianola to Claudette. That little house had been through a lot in 40 plus years. We had no idea that little storm would do what it did. It produced some weird stuff by the way it hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiechick View Post
          So what is everyone's consensus - should I board up my place in POC?
          Just boarded up our camp in Sargent just in case. Doubt we needed to but better be safe than sorry. Also took anything inside of value like rod/reels etc. some losers feed on storms like this when no one is in town. Good luck and stay safe!

Comment

My brother in law is living in our place, but he is not very ambulatory...he requires a walker due to 7 knee surgeries; so we have someone who can tell us its bad, but he wont be able to do anything about it.

Comment

Our company weatherman said up to might be 20+ inches of rain in some areas

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Texas A&M corpus Christi just issued evacuation order.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiechick View Post
                  My brother in law is living in our place, but he is not very ambulatory...he requires a walker due to 7 knee surgeries; so we have someone who can tell us its bad, but he wont be able to do anything about it.
                  once it gets bad you won't be able to do anything any way

Comment

Originally posted by the-butcher View Post
                    Our company weatherman said up to might be 20+ inches of rain in some areas

Your company has its own weatherman? Is he wrong 80% of the time like a regular weatherman? What area is he calling for 20"+?? I ask because I see you're not far from me!
                    Last edited by ACCURACYINC; 08-23-2017, 01:03 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

Originally posted by brymor31 View Post
                      Texas A&M corpus Christi just issued evacuation order.

Source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
                        Yep and if it button hooks and stalls it will be nasty from Austin to SA. Our lakes are already 95% plus full. No telling where this thing hits but someone is getting hammered for sure.
                        That's for sure! 3-5 days of rain... good thing the liquor cabinet is full.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                          Source?

Campus Twitter feed.

Also, from their web page:

TAMU-CC Code Blue, Weather Update
                          8/23/17-1:06 p.m.- TAMU-CC Code Blue Weather Update: Tropical Depression Harvey is headed toward the Gulf Coast. As the safety of our students, faculty and staff is our top priority, we are announcing the closure and evacuation of Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi starting at noon Thursday, August 24 through Saturday, August 26. Resident students must leave by 7 am Thursday, and will receive additional information. Campus will be closed for re-entry starting at noon Thursday. All events scheduled between noon Thursday and Saturday are cancelled. Move-in events are postponed until further notice. Non-essential faculty and staff need to prepare their individual workspaces by noon Thursday. Additional instructions will come from the IT department. We urge you to use caution in your travel plans. We will continue to monitor the storm and will provide another update Thursday morning. For safety tips and updates, visit http://safety.tamucc.edu/Hurricane.html.

Comment

Here
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by brymor31 View Post
                              Here

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                                Your company has its own weatherman? Is he wrong 80% of the time like a regular weatherman? What area is he calling for 20"+?? I ask because I see you're not far from me!
                                I work for a major power company. We have several he told us in a call at 11 that they forcast landfall between port lavaca and rockport. They ghink its gonna stall

Comment

Working...
                                X