Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    cars lined up all along on 45 to help shuttle people coming off the boats evacuating people out of 249 area ...hospitals, hotels, houses....
    incredible... This is Texas.
    Amen. Never been more proud of my state!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
      My in-laws are on Rebawood, a bit more inland, but same neighborhood. I hope they're staying dry where they are.

Prayers for your family.
      Bobby's concerned about his neighborhood too... Said water was across Kings River and rising...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Mary, don't stay too long. If you need to get out, go!
        Don't think I can go anywhere. If the water starts coming up, I will be perfectly fine getting on a boat. I am getting things together just in case that becomes reality.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
          My sister is in Richmond at Mason and Bellaire. I don't know the area and neither does she. Can she get up 99 to 290 with a 2wd 4runner?

Last I heard 99 was closed at I10 going north. I have heard folks are going east on I10 from there going to beltway 8 to 290 west and aren't having any problem with that route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It is just so frustrating to me to have the boat, gas, equipment and such and not be able to get to where it is needed!! For all you do, it would be an honor to come get you... just can't get there from here!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Last I heard 99 was closed at I10 going north. I have heard folks are going east on I10 from there going to beltway 8 to 290 west and aren't having any problem with that route.

She went through the barricades and a couple of high water spots and made it out. Thanks, though.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                I work right off of I35 in Waco and today I have seen more support vehicles heading south than I saw yesterday.

Hang in there guys, help is on the way.
                I've seen atleast 30 bucket tricks headed south today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                  Don't think I can go anywhere. If the water starts coming up, I will be perfectly fine getting on a boat. I am getting things together just in case that becomes reality.
                  Mary, please dont wait. If you are concerned now, thats enough.
                  Dont count on the boats.. if you can get out, or if someone can come get you (you, of all people, have a TON or resources here that would do anything to get you help), do it now.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    She went through the barricades and a couple of high water spots and made it out. Thanks, though.

So she went straight up 99 to 290? Did she head west? Glad she got out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                      If I was concerned about water getting to the house, I'd take and put everything that matters inside plastic bags and place up high. Even if it gets exposed, the contents should stay dry. Good Luck:

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
                        Got a call from the city and was told some kind of chemical spill and sirens started going off. A buddy said he thought at Praxair but no telling if that info is accurate.
                        Praxair has a release and Valero just south of the Baytown bridge has a release of Hydrochloric acid and H2S. Baytown bridge was shut down last I heard. I'm at work just northwest of there a few miles.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          So she went straight up 99 to 290? Did she head west? Glad she got out.

Yes she headed west then took 6 north. Trying to get to friends in fort worth. She went straight up 99. If water levels stay the same, anyone with a full size truck should be able to get through easily. She had a truck in front of her and it stayed just under the tailgate.

I am **** glad she is out.

Comment

I'm just sick seeing so many of our family affected...this is gonna sting for a long time.

Saw several convoys of boats & four wheelers heading north out of the Valley on 281...I honestly feel this would be going MUCH more slowly if it were not for the civis helping hand. Lotsa good folks out there & it's getting reported too.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              Mary, please dont wait. If you are concerned now, thats enough.
                              Dont count on the boats.. if you can get out, or if someone can come get you (you, of all people, have a TON or resources here that would do anything to get you help), do it now.
                              I've looked at flood maps and think I am pretty stuck. My street is still draining well. I'm concerned, but not panicked yet. I will raise a flag if i see the streets here holding water.

Originally posted by whackem and stackem View Post
                              If I was concerned about water getting to the house, I'd take and put everything that matters inside plastic bags and place up high. Even if it gets exposed, the contents should stay dry. Good Luck:
                              Doing that with non replacables now.

Comment

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

This makes me so mad. I hope they shot back and I will not shed a tear if the shots fired connected with some of Houston's worst. This was posted on the Cajun Navy's FB page at about 5pm today.

Comment

Working...
                                X