Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    The center is about just off the coast south of Matagorda.

Is it finally sliding eastward?

Comment

105... kountry katfish.

Comment

Airboat in Pinehurst sub.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          The center is about just off the coast south of Matagorda.

Which direction is it moving now? I haven't seen a current model since last night.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            Kroger at Valley Ranch and 59 in New Caney is open and stocked. Very few workers so they were letting in about 20 people at a time. Figured I would share this in case anyone in our area needs to stock up.
            Same for Kroger in LaPorte

Comment

Here's the NHC track.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                It may of been posted but does anyone know if spring creek is suppose to rise much more? It's behind my aunts neighborhood but for now they are good just curious if any of the lakes releasing affect it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Right now it's just 1.5 ft. below the record set in 1994. With all the water coming down from Waller and the San Jac backing up it's sure to keep rising. Anyone's guess how much, but I'll be surprised if it doesn't come up enough to break the record.

Comment

Still high and dry in central Houston. Very blessed to live on a street with great drainage and not in the flood shed of the nearby bayous. There are homes with 3 feet of water in them not even 2 blocks from me. We are up to approximately 22 inches of rain through lunch time today from the start of this mess. We would love to get out and help, but we are stuck. Got flood waters blocking about every direction.

It's absolutely crazy what's going on. I know that the last few years of development has in some ways made this flooding situation worse for may areas and water sheds. However, let's be honest here. This region of the state gets approximately 47 inches of rain annually. Many areas have received over 50% of their annual rainfall percentage within the last 48 hours. Apply that to most areas around the state and there will be major problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    As water starts to recede, expect to see quite a few boats stranded and not able to get back on their trailers. There are a lot of pretty big boats out there.
                    People with freaking bay boats in Dickinson yesterday. Crazy thing is the bottom of my motor only hit concrete a few times. 8 to 10' of water in some neighborhoods along gulf freeway.

Comment

Would coming in down 59 from Nacogdoches with boats be helpful at all? Got a few that can leave in the morning. Not sure how far down 59 you can get...any information would be helpful. No one is answering phone numbers that have been given. Not that I blame them.

Comment

Our condo in city by the sea in rockport is destroyed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigWoods View Post
                          Would coming in down 59 from Nacogdoches with boats be helpful at all? Got a few that can leave in the morning. Not sure how far down 59 you can get...any information would be helpful. No one is answering phone numbers that have been given. Not that I blame them.
                          I'm not positive but I'm hearing 59 is closed at Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigWoods View Post
                            Most recent update was 59 is still closed at Shepherd, among other places south of there. No route to Houston from Nac or we would be headed down there too

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              I'm not positive but I'm hearing 59 is closed at Cleveland.
                              Yea I saw some picture Tmag posted somewhere that showed 59 under water from the 105 crossing in Cleveland.

Post #3141.
                              Last edited by b.latiolais; 08-28-2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YaknDak View Post
                                Our condo in city by the sea in rockport is destroyed!!!
                                I am sorry it got you brother.

Comment

Working...
                                X