No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks wanting to help with boats....... Info is hard to get. most of the volunteers just showed up and put boats in when they got as far as they could. Unfortunately, the areas that need help most are far from those points and virtually impossible to reacch. Airboats have very little fuel available unless working for Fema or a fire dept.

My boat broke down. Sam is still in North Houston with a fire dept and says the amount of folks in need is staggering but he had no clue who to contact for a coordinated effort.

best suggestion is call Fire depts and coordinate with them before heading down there. Otherwise, you may end up riding out a cat 1 hurricane in your truck that is out of gas.

Please pray for those in need.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtechbandit View Post
      really feel compelled to head down there with a boat. I found a number to call but cant get it to go through. does anyone know who else to contact, or if they still need more people with boats? and if so, where to go?

PM me
      there is a reported 12 hour wait for folks needed evac in old katy around Ave D & morton. If you have a boat and can get to Ave D and 90 folks would sure appreciate it. i can hear airboat(s) working non stop, but wife has shown pics of folks on facebook just waiting for rescue.

Comment

La Grange - Colorado River

The river here in La Grange is set to crest today in the early afternoon around 53.3'. We did the math here in the office and at that height, it will be right at 4' over the designated 100-year floodplain. There have been mandatory and voluntary evacuations of portions of La Grange and obviously out in the county in the river bottoms. Helpless feeling right now for all those effected by this. My family is dry up on the bluff of La Grange. Besides helping people clear trees, there isn't much can be done right now.

For those of you familiar with the Hwy 77 Colorado River bridge you'll know this is not what she normally looks like. I took this this morning on the way into the office as I came down the bluff.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-08-28 07.32.47 (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	24509512

Name:	2017-08-28 07.33.22 (Large).jpg
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	24509513

Name:	2017-08-28 07.34.00 (Large).jpg
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	24509514

Again, for those of you familiar with La Grange, the large building in the background of this picture is the Knights of Columbus Hall. They have closed off Business 71 at the square.

Name:	2017-08-28 07.37.42 (Large).jpg
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	24509515

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
          If I have any advice for you it is to stay away from the area. The roads all around us are getting closer to being flooded and we could still get much more rain.

Worst case you claim insurance... I wouldn't come near this area if I lived elsewhere.
          Well just got word and a pic, water is at the steps and rising. Headed down to get what I can salvage. Hopefully they can keep the rise under control.

Comment

Peach creek at 242 and 59.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, i would never have recognized the 77 bridge. Crazy how wide spread this flood is.

Comment

As water starts to recede, expect to see quite a few boats stranded and not able to get back on their trailers. There are a lot of pretty big boats out there.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  As water starts to recede, expect to see quite a few boats stranded and not able to get back on their trailers. There are a lot of pretty big boats out there.

I was wondering about the logistics of this scenario also.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Yep. Not a problem for airboats but definately a problem for bass boats!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      From Kstar
                      New Record Release and Water Level for Lake Conroe

The Lake Conroe water level has now risen to 205.88 feet above mean sea level (MSL). The previous record water level for the lake was 205.60 in 1994.
                      The current release rate from Lake Conroe is 73,201 cubic feet per second (cfs). The previous record set in 1994 was 33,360 cfs.
                      Hurricane Harvey has created an extreme weather event for the entire Houston region, and SJRA personnel are working around the clock to deal with the tremendous amounts of rainfall that are impacting the watershed.
                      Anyone interested in monitoring Lake Conroe levels, releases, rainfall totals, or stream flows can visit www.sjra.net and click on the link for “Lake and River Conditions.” This link can be found near the top right corner of the home page where current lake conditions are listed. We will also post press releases and other updates on our home page.
                      For additional information visit our website at www.sjra.net or like SJRA on Facebook @SanJacintoRiverAuthority
                      Do you know if conroe is over the emergency spillway yet?

Comment

Need some help:

If I leave Conroe and head to my sister's in Crockett, do you guys know if I can make it?

Comment

Check the WAZE app

Comment

Need some help:

If I leave Conroe and head to my sister's in Crockett, do you guys know if I can make it?
                            I'm not positive but I have a buddy who is going to leave Conroe and head to Tyler soon. Sounds like somehow everyone needs to get out. Fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Need some help:

According to Google Maps, I-45 to 19 to Crockett is open.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                                Check the WAZE app

It was completely inaccurate for me trying to leave today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X