X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Current level is higher than when they posted that press release.

Comment

Does anyone know about volunteers heading from SA to Houston. Is it even possible to make it to Houston from SA?

Comment

Originally posted by jp77 View Post

Current level is higher than when they posted that press release.

Wow. Not good. I hope the weather guy I just saw knows what he's talking about. He said he thinks the worst is over and he thinks most of the serious rains will move east. He did say that his optimism would quickly change if Harvey decides to reform any sort of core. Then there would be more rain closer in. We need this to be over. We still haven't even seen the peak of the damage that these creeks and rivers are gonna do around here.

Comment

From Kstar
            New Record Release and Water Level for Lake Conroe

The Lake Conroe water level has now risen to 205.88 feet above mean sea level (MSL). The previous record water level for the lake was 205.60 in 1994.
            The current release rate from Lake Conroe is 73,201 cubic feet per second (cfs). The previous record set in 1994 was 33,360 cfs.
            Hurricane Harvey has created an extreme weather event for the entire Houston region, and SJRA personnel are working around the clock to deal with the tremendous amounts of rainfall that are impacting the watershed.
            Anyone interested in monitoring Lake Conroe levels, releases, rainfall totals, or stream flows can visit www.sjra.net and click on the link for “Lake and River Conditions.” This link can be found near the top right corner of the home page where current lake conditions are listed. We will also post press releases and other updates on our home page.
            For additional information visit our website at www.sjra.net or like SJRA on Facebook @SanJacintoRiverAuthority

Comment

Radar shows some relief this morning. Glad to see that!

Comment

I have my fifth wheel at Sunset Shores RV park in Willis by the 1097 bridge. Got an email last night asking everyone to move the campers away from the bulkhead and to higher ground. Mine is about 100 ft from the lake, trying to decide now if I need to leave Waco and get down there to move it. If they can't keep Lake Conroe from getting higher than it is now, it's going to get even worse for a lot of people on the lake.

Comment

someone on twitter needs to tweet at FB county telling them to start giving advice on evacuation routes or at least update the road closures

Comment

Originally posted by protech View Post
                    I have my fifth wheel at Sunset Shores RV park in Willis by the 1097 bridge. Got an email last night asking everyone to move the campers away from the bulkhead and to higher ground. Mine is about 100 ft from the lake, trying to decide now if I need to leave Waco and get down there to move it. If they can't keep Lake Conroe from getting higher than it is now, it's going to get even worse for a lot of people on the lake.
                    If I have any advice for you it is to stay away from the area. The roads all around us are getting closer to being flooded and we could still get much more rain.

Worst case you claim insurance... I wouldn't come near this area if I lived elsewhere.

Comment

Is there any news on Lewis creek dam?

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                        If I have any advice for you it is to stay away from the area. The roads all around us are getting closer to being flooded and we could still get much more rain.

Worst case you claim insurance... I wouldn't come near this area if I lived elsewhere.

That was my other thought as well. I work in Conroe, the woodlands, and Woodforest and have seen that most of those roads are almost impasssable right now.
                        I have a buddy that is taking his boat down there, going to be tough for him to get where he needs to be.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          Is there any news on Lewis creek dam?
                          I was surprised to not hear anything about it. I expected to hear mention of it due to past concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by protech View Post
                            If it's the one on the south side of 1097 right by the bridge i have a buddy with a spot there. I can see if he's willing to move it. He is working 7a to 7p but maybe he knows someone

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers to all affected by Harvey. I live off FM 1489 just North of Simonton.
                              Me and the wife have been busting our backs moving things upstairs. Got the new tractor and mower loaded on trailer and will be heading to South Tx to dry land shortly. Brazos should overtake my house tomorrow.
                              Really sucks since I am supposed to leave to Alaska in 10 days for my moose hunt which I have been planning for years. Hopefully outfitter will let me reschedule for another year. I am getting to old for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                If it's the one on the south side of 1097 right by the bridge i have a buddy with a spot there. I can see if he's willing to move it. He is working 7a to 7p but maybe he knows someone

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                That's the one. I might take you up on that. Going to call office and check with a buddy who lives on the lake down from me and see where it's at this morning then make a decision. Didn't expect to wake up and see that the lake was at record high but definitely have learned with Harvey to expect the worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X