X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Thanks what river is 99 closed at?
    Brazos. BUT, that's what I read.

The 290 info is fact at this moment. I also spoke with a friend trying to make north of 290 from clay rd area with no luck since 2a

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Have been getting some much needed breaks from rain since last night. I see the bands have been trailing NE of us here.

With anticipation that Harvey will move SE, do they anticipate the bands to come back south again?

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
        Have been getting some much needed breaks from rain since last night. I see the bands have been trailing NE of us here.

With anticipation that Harvey will move SE, do they anticipate the bands to come back south again?
        I was just watching this on the news. The more south it tracks will bring those bands south. Hopefully we can get through most of today with little rain before this happens tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          I was just watching this on the news. The more south it tracks will bring those bands south. Hopefully we can get through most of today with little rain before this happens tonight or tomorrow.
          I don't wish that rain on anyone but Lord please keep them away from us and the metro area...

At least long enough to allow some water to drain.

Comment

I hope it doesn't do that. My daughter texted me at 1am and their whole bottom story is under water at her mom's. It is threatening the second floor. They didn't think they were gonna get water in the house yesterday. I finally convinced them to move the horses and load the show goats on the trailer. They are at Flyin J's at 59 and 242 now. I hate that I can't get to her. I tried yesterday to get her to come here. Peach Creek is at a record high. I'm not sure what the extra water coming from lake Conroe is gonna do to East Fork and Caney Creek. We are now trapped and I can't get to her. Prayers are appreciated

Comment

does anyone know if fast park on Will Clayton is flooded? My Jeep is there and i'm in Turkey working?

Comment

My neighbor just told me her parents are on the roof in New Caney off of 1485 in Baptist Encampment. This San Jac river and Caney creek and peach creek are going to continue to rise. There are going to be lots of people needing help in this area.
                Attached Files

Comment

The news isn't covering anything for the flooding in New Caney but it is like it was in 94 from what I'm hearing

Comment

My neighbor just told me her parents are on the roof in New Caney off of 1485 in Baptist Encampment. This San Jac river and Caney creek and peach creek are going to continue to rise. There are going to be lots of people needing help in this area.
                    Yes it is bad.

Comment

The news isn't covering anything for the flooding in New Caney but it is like it was in 94 from what I'm hearing
                      It's worse than '94 in New Caney and the creeks aren't done rising.

Comment

I am very nervous about this Conroe release. I was here in 94 for the flood and words can't describe the amount of water. If that level is coming down the river now we won't see it until tomorrow I think.
                        I am currently trying to find a map that shows where the areas that got flooded are at, as my neighborhood was built in 98 and we don't know if it flooded here in 94.
                        I will be out again today to help if anyone needs it please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jp77 View Post
                          I am very nervous about this Conroe release. I was here in 94 for the flood and words can't describe the amount of water. If that level is coming down the river now we won't see it until tomorrow I think.
                          I am currently trying to find a map that shows where the areas that got flooded are at, as my neighborhood was built in 98 and we don't know if it flooded here in 94.
                          I will be out again today to help if anyone needs it please let me know.

Me too. This river runs behind my neighborhood, about 1.5 miles. Thankfully we have lots of elevation above it. Hoping that's our saving grace but they are dumping record amounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            My power went off then came back on after a serious gust. I can't sleep with these kind of winds with all these trees around.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Crazy how different it can be a short distance away.
                            We had no bad winds and our power restored overnight after being off all day

Comment

We are less than 1/2 mile from the river, but we have a drainage with a lake in our neighborhood to handle the water. I pray they engineered the area when they built it to be high enough, but that is a water level hat has never been seen.

Comment

Originally posted by jp77 View Post
                                We are less than 1/2 mile from the river, but we have a drainage with a lake in our neighborhood to handle the water. I pray they engineered the area when they built it to be high enough, but that is a water level hat has never been seen.

They just said on 13 that they expect the San Jacinto is not expected to reach 94 level even with the flow from Conroe. They said it'll be about 2 feet lower than 94. I don't know if I believe that but that's what they said.

Comment

Working...
                                X