No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just so shocked by what I'm seeing on tv and in these threads. God bless all you guys down there and the first responders. I just can't fathom how much worse it appears it can or will get within the next few days.

Praying and praying for safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      That is incredible. God bless 'em!
      There ain't no better people than cajuns.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        My heart just breaks watching all these rescues and hearing the heart-wrenching hair-raising stories... And especially knowing there's probably a thousand more for everyone you see on tv!

God help us all!

AMEN Charlie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
          I just keep thinking about how much water there is on the ground and realizing that at one point all of that water was in the air.

Ran some numbers based off of a calculator i found online for gallons per inch of rain per square mile. If you assume 20 inches of rain average, that's 615 Billion gallons... in Harris county only. Pretty crazy to think that much water was floating in the atmosphere.
          What they said on the news earlier was that it has dumped over 3 trillion gallons of rain on Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
            What they said on the news earlier was that it has dumped over 3 trillion gallons of rain on Texas.
            I saw 9

Comment

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Have a dear, dear friend that lives on Ave. D in old town Katy... He just called me... has water pouring into his house for the first time ever... been there 40+ years! We prayed together and asked Jesus to stop the rain... within 2 minutes after we prayed that together, the rain flat quit! I give the credit all to God for answered prayer... I told him about the release coming up from the Barker and Addicks reservoirs... He told me that would make an almost immediate difference in his area... Ave. D is not far from the upper end of Buffalo Bayou... He's hoping he doesn't have to leave...

Praise GOD Charlie. HE IS in control!

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                I saw 9
                I just heard 9 trillion also.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                  Do you think the lake is taking on more water from this storm compared to last year's floods? Curious as to what the west fork is going to do behind our house.
                  They are releasing 39,00 cfs from Lake Conroe down stream right now and that will increase. They are sending this down a San Jac River that is already out of its banks. Not good.
                  Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  I've run out of adjectives to describe this.
                  You getting these potent wind gusts? Brutal!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Johnny; 08-27-2017, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Yeh everything's whipping around.... getting concerned with a couple trees...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      National guard..big convoy came in about 4 hours ago
                      There were quite a few of them staged over on 646 on the east side.

Comment

Wind gust are bad here as well Johnny. Praying these big Pines and Oaks stay where they belong!

Comment

It's whipping like crazy up on the north end of Lake Conroe as well. I'm afraid the waterlogged ground ain't gonna hold these hardwoods

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                            9 trillion tons of water. Considering 8 lbs per gallon... I'm not even gonna try that math

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                              I just heard 9 trillion also.
                              That's more than 8 cubic miles of water. 8? That doesn't sound like much. But no, let that sink in for a while.

Comment

They are calling for voluntary and mandatory evacuations of levee improvement districts in Fort Bend County along the Brazos. LID 7 is mandatory. I think that is New Territory where a bunch of TBH guys including Richard live. My house is in 17 which is voluntary for now.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...61290320627291

Comment

Working...
                                X