Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    As a few others have mentioned, this one will take many of people off guard. This isn't a long tracked Cape Verde system that we can watch for a week or so. The model consensus time frame starts bringing effects from a resurrected Harvey onshore this Friday/Saturday.

The GFS for two runs in a row now shows a major hurricane smashing the Texas coast around the Sargeant area as does the UKMET model. Hopefully the intensity is wrong in these models.

The ECMWF has a strong tropical storm approaching the SoTex coast then it kind of just rides up the entire Texas coast!

The bottom line is, it's time to prepare. I say this for not just people along the coast but for others well inland because a good handful of models show a catastrophic event with this system. More on who gets what as the day unfolds.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This was Johnnys post at 7am on the 22nd. thanks again for being on the front side of this.

Comment

Still coming down hard here in Porter and now just got tornado warning

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        Still coming down hard here in Porter and now just got tornado warning
        Y'all stay safe out there Mike. If y'all need any help , holler at me

Comment

With approximately six inches of rainfall across the watershed over the past 24 hours, the Lake Conroe water level has risen over seven inches and exceeded normal pool elevation. SJRA operations personnel at the Lake Conroe dam are now beginning controlled releases to slowly pass a portion of the in

Here's what's going on with lake conroe right now and the release from the dam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El Forajido View Post
            Y'all stay safe out there Mike. If y'all need any help , holler at me
            Appreciate it! We are good as far as our house but flooding all around us. I had to use my truck to go get my neighbor because he could not get through to his house. He left his car in a parking lot. Prayers up for all involved

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              This was Johnnys post at 7am on the 22nd. thanks again for being on the front side of this.

Yep!!! Thanks to this my wife was able to buy groceries and we made the decision on Thursday for her to evacuate. Can't say enough how thankful I am for those who have given insight along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                Just heard KHOU Channel 11 in Houston just went off air for a mandatory evacuation. Crazy

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                They moved to the second floor...

Comment

Looks like the people in the nursing home were evacuated safely.

Comment

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                    http://montgomerycountypolicereporte...lled-releases/

Here's what's going on with lake conroe right now and the release from the dam.

It's rising quick. It's almost 2" higher now than when that was posted

Here is stow a way marina. Al docks under water

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post

At first they went to 2nd but then went off air and evacuated.

Comment

Anybody else sick of hearing Turner's voice? He truly sounds like a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                          They are off the air at my house.. Black screen that says technical difficulties. Never seen that before.

Getting mad watching Channel 2 reporter hounding people as they'walking out of the flood waters. I would not be pleasant in that

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                            Terrible situation down there.
                            Prayers for all of the folks affected.
                            I wish there was some way I could go help

I second this. Feel helpless. I'd like nothing more than to fill sand bags, dig ditches, or anything else but i know traveling down there is not the best idea for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                              Anybody else sick of hearing Turner's voice? He truly sounds like a moron.
                              Proving himself to be one.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                                Our house is in Ventana Lakes. Fortunately my wife went up to Dallas on Friday and I'm out in West Texas. Thank you though.

Most neighbors are still there, hopefully they either leave soon or are prepared to ride it out.
                                You bet. Our entire neighborhood is not flooded, and ventana lakes looks good too. With a truck, we can get where we need to go.

Pretty lucky so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X