Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
    GJ and Stacey stayed and said the damage was not too bad. All reports from POC is that damage was minimal. Mostly old porches and sheds. A friend of mine checked our house and he could not see any physical damage and could not see any evidence that water got high enough to get in. I'm more concerned about the storage sheds we own behind Hurricane Junction. Hope y'all's house made it through.

We had some neighbors that stayed and it looked as thought everything was ok, we just don't know if water got in at all.
    Cows are a concern at the moment, although they were on high ground.
    My chickens surviving would be a Christmas miracle.
    Should be home in a couple hours, crossing my fingers.

We got so lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      Wow. Can yall get out? We are debating on going to church because the creeks are rising so fast. If we leave, we may not be able to get home.

Dang. I'm sure my inlaws are pretty flooded then...And it doesn't look like it's gonna slack off around here for a while.
      We can probably get out in my 4wd. I am sure our service will be cancelled with all the roads around Cleveland under.

Comment

We left eagle pass yesterday and headed home(CC). I loaded up with ten cases of water, four 5 gallon fuel cans a new chain saw with extra blades and two new 100qrt coolers loaded with ice. Checked on my house that is totally fine and went and stared clearing trees and helping neighbors clear there yards. Gave out all the extra ice I bought and still have some extra water. We are with out power but I have a generator and AEP has restored power across the street so I hope it won't be too much longer. If anyone in CC needs help shoot me a PM or txt 361 563 44two4. I have a sister in Dickinson, pray for all our folks still getting hit with the rain. God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          Yea, she's getting old though. I just love the name Dominque for some reason.
          I have 2 reasons, but that still doesn't excuse HH's extremely poor eyesight when looking at JRey.
          I have recently started a petition to have him permanently banned, there's is just no excuse for that kind of talk.

Comment

I know this should go without saying, but don't get out unless you must. "Turn around don't drown"

Praying for you guys. There is a train or rain that goes all the way past Matamoros across the gulf marching Houston's way.

Of all of the storms to predict correctly....

Comment

Houses on street over (prone to flooding due to tiny culverts in fitches) are flooding..
              Rain has been steady for hours...but is now intensifying...

Comment

Just heard from my inlaws in Porter. They have 5" inside the machine shop so far...

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
                  We had some neighbors that stayed and it looked as thought everything was ok, we just don't know if water got in at all.
                  Cows are a concern at the moment, although they were on high ground.
                  My chickens surviving would be a Christmas miracle.
                  Should be home in a couple hours, crossing my fingers.

We got so lucky.
                  Hope y'alls cows and chickens weathered the storm. We put all our cows on high ground last week in Colorado County.

Steve and I plan to head that direction with gas and ice for GJ when its safe. He's rationing gas and ice for his mix drinks

Comment

Father God, we lift up all our brothers and sisters to you Lord. We pray that you send your angels to protect us and keep us all safe. We lift up all affected by these storms, father. Help us to make good decisions during all this and to look out for one another. In your sons powerful name we pray. Amen.

Comment

We are evacuating. House is flooded in Danbury.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sims Bayou is out of it's banks 75 yards from my front door. Been here 15 years and this is a first.......
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                          We are evacuating. House is flooded in Danbury.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                          Prayers sent..be safe

Comment

This is at my cousins house in South Houston area. Cars already flooded out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

14" now here on south end of Lake Conroe. 2 of that came in he last hour and I can see the gauge filling about every 10 minutes. Is coming DOWN. With no sign of stopping soon

Comment

Bet ol Houston mayor feels like a dumb *** this morning. "No need to go anywhere it's just a rain event. No big deal". Idiot

Comment

Working...
                                X