No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The he just say 300 dead from tornadoes so far?

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
      A lot of those lines are essentially worthless.. NHC, Euro, GFS, UKMET, CMC, and to an extent the the NAM.. pay attention to those in regards to Tropical systems.

My opinion only..
      Ya but they all were getting closer to those models as they had been run, now those haven't been in a while and these are changing...

So what changed?

Comment

Corpus Christi Power says 120,000 people without electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
          The he just say 300 dead from tornadoes so far?
          What ????.

Comment

Jeff is also live on YouTube. More user friendly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              What ????.
              On the periscope feed, h said people are laughing and that what is wrong with people. God, I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                Ya but they all were getting closer to those models as they had been run, now those haven't been in a while and these are changing...

So what changed?
                I am not smart enough to know what the computers are picking up on. There is a definite lack of steering currents though for several days, so this thing is just going bump around and do what ever it wants. It wouldnt suprise me to see the track move around constantly. Really we are at the point where we should just watch and see what it is doing based off of surface reports. However, this isnt your average scenario with a Hurricane/Tropical System being forecasted in the same general area for 5-6 days, so we have to look at model guidance. Still a very big rain event for just about everyone that was looking to get it, but some areas may not see the heavy rains until Sun -Tues/Wed.

Long days and nights ahead.. Stay safe everyone. About to retire for the night. My 3 youngsters could give two craps about Harvey, and will be up around 6AM!

Comment

The news said they are evacuating the people who stayed at the hotel in Rockport. Just saw on Twitter one wall of the hotel collapsed. Praying everyone is okay.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's where Jeff was hiding out. Interested to see an "after" picture.

Comment

Every now and then...in between us being horrible to one another... we are made aware, in spite of all the weapons, technology, and masses...we are weak and most definitely not in control.

More prayers.
                      Going to get a lot worse before it gets better, I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
                        Here's where Jeff was hiding out. Interested to see an "after" picture.

Whoever built those shacks going to get some business in the future.

Comment

Somebody please post when Jeff comes back on.

Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                            A lot of those lines are essentially worthless.. NHC, Euro, GFS, UKMET, CMC, and to an extent the the NAM.. pay attention to those in regards to Tropical systems.

My opinion only..
                            I know which ones are the generally valid or more reliable models. Just pointing out some of the craziness.

Terrible news about Rockport. Used to go on an annual hunt and stayed at Pelican Bay Resort. Would be surprised if it is recoverable

Comment

https://www.pscp.tv/Jeff_Piotrowski/1MYGNXLlaYQxw Back up

Comment

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                                X