No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in Pleasanton, 130 miles north, northwest of rockport. We have had .05 of an inch of rain all day. Wind is 25-30, so with our track record kinda starting to feel like we might get missed. Well we are prepared anyway.. once again everybody stay safe.

Comment

Ike was cat 4 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
        Ike was cat 4 I think.

Not at landfall.....over open water.

Comment

Ya'll stay safe down there.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
              Ike was cat 4 I think.

Cat 2, 110MPH at landfall.. Much larger system than Harvey though. Pressure was indicative of a Cat 4, and surge of a Cat 5 however. He battled an EWRC(Eyewall Replacement Cycle)up until landfall, which kept him "in check"..

Harvey went from EWRC, to Rapid intensification in about 4 hours today.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                How do you get the comments to stop?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  I received an email from an official that says the Brazos river is expected to crest at near 55 ft next Thursday in Richmond breaking last year's record of 54.5 ft. If that is the case, all of those folks in Simonton that flooded last May are going to get it again.
                  Oh ****, this ain't good and I'm stuck down here, I hope this isn't the case.

Comment

What town is that yahoo in?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      I received an email from an official that says the Brazos river is expected to crest at near 55 ft next Thursday in Richmond breaking last year's record of 54.5 ft. If that is the case, all of those folks in Simonton that flooded last May are going to get it again.
                      The conference I watched with the county judge and the sheriff said Monday.... I think they said Monday anyway.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nevermind - he's in Rockport. Got a deathwish for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                          Cat 2, 110MPH at landfall.. Much larger system than Harvey though. Pressure was indicative of a Cat 4, and surge of a Cat 5 however. He battled an EWRC(Eyewall Replacement Cycle)up until landfall, which kept him "in check"..

Harvey went from EWRC, to Rapid intensification in about 4 hours today.

Thats crazy, and still hasn't beached.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                            Ike was a 2

With the surge of a 4

Comment

Here in Sweet Home. We are inland, but in line with the eye. Have had a light rain most of the day. Wind and rain both starting to intensify. 100+ mph winds should be here sometime early in the morning. Expect to lose power soon unfortunately. With over 26 inches of rain expected, who knows how long we will be without. Scary that it is coming in at night. Not sure how much sleep I will be getting.

Comment

The periscope feed from the car wash is some of the best Hurricane footage I have ever seen. Really shows the power of a cat 4 storm.. Unreal!

Comment

Working...
                                X