Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
    Just watched one of our local KVUE (Austin) weather idiots live in Rockport. 30 mph wind and a little rain. He went on and on about how stinging the rain is. Meanwhile, there were a dozen seagulls hanging out behind him walking around. He then went on and on about how flat Rockport is and with the surge, everyone should evacuate now...that where he was standing would soon be underwater. I'm guessing anyone down there would not be watching Austin weather. I wish these goofballs would get hit in the head with a wayward pelican.

Waiting for the inside/out umbrella clip [emoji52]
    Not quite as funny but the ding dong on NBC just lost his hat to the gulf. I giggled.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
      A few people are posting videos from Portland. Our house is in Bay Ridge, in laws live off of Memorial. We both headed out yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Im in the Timber trail area right after Popeyes. We left yesterday around 8:30. I got a buddy riding it out , he is out there by the shell station area.

Comment

Originally posted by Poco View Post
        Me and my family are safe for now in Laredo. Not sure what to think about our homes back home in Robstown. If the storm stays on track it will land around 35-45 miles NE of Robstown. Im expecting major home damage but we shall see. God help us

Prayers for y'all bud. Was thinking about you and the family earlier today.

Comment

Any updates from the last fly through? Are they thinking CAT 4?
          Last edited by MarkV; 08-25-2017, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Thanks for laughs

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
              A few people are posting videos from Portland. Our house is in Bay Ridge, in laws live off of Memorial. We both headed out yesterday.

My brother and dad are still in Portland. Lost power a couple hours ago. Winds are ramping up with some tree damage and fencing beginning to collapse. They are in North Shore and old East Cliff area.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                I just want to know which one of you jerks fed this storm Double Down.
                Best post ever! Lmao!

Comment

So, weather poeple ( Johnny and others), where are they saying it is going to go after landfall? Going to hug the shore or loop back out over the gulf and strengthen and then land in the Galveston area?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                    Any updates from the last fly through? Are they thinking CAT 4?

Already there

130mph

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                      My brother and dad are still in Portland. Lost power a couple hours ago. Winds are ramping up with some tree damage and fencing beginning to collapse. They are in North Shore and old East Cliff area.

Tell them to be safe. Sounds like it could be pretty nasty there.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        Talked to rancher near alice.. got his normal "we need the rain"..
                        Company I work for is in Alice & they should be fine...wish I knew more about where this 'stall' is going to cause the most flooding, but am guessing it's the Victoria & North all out to Houston & west area that is going to see the worst of Harvey in this aspect.

If they are even close about the rainfall?? Wow...would rather have the wind. Hope this storm fails in the flooding predicts.

Comment

Originally posted by eagles405 View Post
                          So, weather poeple ( Johnny and others), where are they saying it is going to go after landfall? Going to hug the shore or loop back out over the gulf and strengthen and then land in the Galveston area?
                          The latter is what I heard as of a few hours ago. Not sure if that's changed or not

Comment

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Im ready for some rain, just to knock the love bugs out.
                            Hope this storm cruises through and doesnt leave as much damage as expected though

Comment

This is what in have been seeing. Over Houston/Galveston on Wednesday

Comment

Models and news stations are showing this over about 4 days or so

Comment

Working...
                                X