Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Otters swimming in lake on ranch should I be worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Otters swimming in lake on ranch should I be worried

So, I have been seeing otters swimming in the lake on my ranch. Are you allowed to shoot them?

What Otters???

I imagine if you’ve got any fish in there, it eight take them long to clear them out.

Comment

They will clear your fish out and then move on.

Comment

I have the problem in my pond. The cleaned out the crappie. I have 0 love for them. I see a slide appear the traps come out. Now I need someone who needs a lot of small crappie removed from their pond so I can restock mine. I fished it for 2 days and caught only 1 crappie.

Comment

Yes, they will wear out the fish population and then move on. I’d shoot them asap if possible.

Comment

Bump for this one!
            Fun to watch from the boat, but they wreck shop!

Comment

If you don’t sell the fur it’s legal to shoot them. They will destroy your fish and might burrow in your dam.

Comment

Didn’t know they were that tough on fish.

Comment

Watched one climb up on a log and eat a 4lb bass one morning. They will smooth mess up a small pond.

Comment

They will grab a big catfish and ride it while gnawing on the head. Kill everything and leave. My uncle got wiped out twice by them.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                      Didn’t know they were that tough on fish.
                      Yes and crawfish farms too.. The local crawfish farmers hate them. They shoot a bunch of them. The little suckers have made a serious come back down here.

Comment

If it's in your lake/pond and it's brown with fur and it's not your dog (beaver, nutria, otter) it's bad

Comment

almost as bad as the water turkeys (cormorants) those sorry birds will hammer your pond - bad part is they are protected! that is nuts

Comment

Kill them all

Comment

I laughed when I read this thread title.
                              They will clean you out!

Comment

Working...
                              X