What’s is worst feral hog or warthog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s is worst feral hog or warthog?

So I heard that there is a warthog’s Texas. What is worst, Feral Hogs or warthogs?

If I am not mistaken Feral hogs reproduce MUCH faster than Warthogs, so that would put them at the top of my list.

Comment

Worst how ?

I think wart hogs take the cake for ugly and definitely for bigger teeth, feral hogs for size and being prolific breeders. Not sure what you mean.

Comment

You'll see about 10000 feral hogs before you ever lay eyes on a warthog in Texas. I'd say a feral hogs are more worster.

Comment

I love shooting both of them. :-). After the main quarry is in the salt, I have been known to wreak havoc on warthogs like a Spaniard.

Comment

I am going to say feral hogs do a lot more damage, but if the wart hog numbers ever really take off they may be a big problem. I think the dig holes in the ground for dens.

I just looked it up, they don’t dig dens, they take over other animals dens, so they might evict a few coyotes from their dens.

Comment

Maybe they will cross breed and produce a super Texas Hog.

Comment

Warthogs only produce a couple of offspring per year so the population is easier to control. As far as being a nuisance, warthogs are way worse. They are more aggressive toward deer than ferals and just as destructive, destroying fences and whatever.

Comment

Nothing to see here. The ferals will eat the warthogs in short order.

Comment

Not sure, but I wouldn’t be mad if a warthog stumbled into my feed pen. Doubt that will ever happen in w tx though.

Comment

One can only hope HAHA

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                        And hopefully those will then eat all of the feral hogs and only have one offspring every 5 years.

Comment

Pretty obvious feral since there are so many.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                            And hopefully those will then eat all of the feral hogs and only have one offspring every 5 years.
                            Convince Sid Miller that there is money to be made and he will spearhead that program!

Comment

Just curious
                              I thought warthogs were presently only in a small area near the Chap
                              Are they wandering and reproducing further now?

Comment

Working...
                              X