Wildlife exemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildlife exemption

I’m under ag tax exemption but doing a lot for the wildlife.
    If I go to wildlife exemption instead, will all my feeder, seed, fertilizer, etc. still be tax free?

Thanks.

BP

From what I have been able to find you are not eligible for a tax exempt number with the wildlife exemption. Only under Agriculture or timber is it available.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	069B3BB9-465F-4744-BA7D-5264D024C197.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	24696106

No

Comment

See above

Comment

Comment

You are confusing property tax and sales tax, you should seek the advice of a tax professional before you get a visit from one of the new IRS employees Uncle Joe has hired on your behalf .

Comment

Nope on tax break. We are wildlife exempt.

Comment

If I go to wildlife exemption instead, will all my feeder, seed, fertilizer, etc. still be tax free?
                When I buy corn from a feed store...not HEB...its always sales tax free.

Sales tax is not due on hay, corn, oats or any other type of feed wildlife normally consume.

Comment

Originally posted by LAW View Post
                  You are confusing property tax and sales tax, you should seek the advice of a tax professional before you get a visit from one of the new IRS employees Uncle Joe has hired on your behalf .
                  I am not confusing those two. But I do hear you on the warning of creepy Joe
                  an more irs. FJB.

I have an ag exemption and not charged sales tax on lick tubs, cubes etc but considering I might be so much for the wildlife I don’t need cows.

If I move to move to wildlife, I guess I am still confused on cotton seed, protein pellets, food plot seed etc sales tax.

Thank you for the answers though.

Comment

Hmmm, I'm still using my tax id to get tax break on feeders etc. Guess I'll see if they come trying to collect sales tax. I don't use it often, most feeds etc are already tax free. I did use it on a protien feeder last year. I haven't heard anything about it.

Comment

No sales tax has nothing to do with wildlife exemption, you tell vendor your tax exempt they don’t charge but you are supposed to be an Agg producer and claim so on your tax return.

Comment

Originally posted by LAW View Post
                        No sales tax has nothing to do with wildlife exemption, you tell vendor your tax exempt they don’t charge but you are supposed to be an Agg producer and claim so on your tax return.
                        Correct, the Wildlife/Ag Tax Valuation is completely separate and has nothing to do with the Ag Sales Tax Exemption (which requires an ag/timber number issued by the comptroller).

Comment

Originally posted by skulleton View Post
                          From what I have been able to find you are not eligible for a tax exempt number with the wildlife exemption. Only under Agriculture or timber is it available.
                          this^^^^^

we are wildlife exempt at our ranch and we do not have the ability to be tax free when purchasing things. Not sure if we get to write off more each year with taxes since I don't do that. I just hand over all my receipts and let the tax guy take over

Comment

Have your land under wildlife but have a few goats or sheep for your timber/ag number.

Comment

Working...
                            X