Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Score Please

Hello GS,

Would someone mind taking a guess at this deer? I actually have him on the wall but can't anyone to do an official score. I've reached out to the local P&Y scorer in my area and he didn't respond after multiple calls so this my next best option. Not that the numbers are everything more for my piece of mind. Thank you[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221011-120313_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	25295614[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

I don’t understand threads like this. Take him off the wall and put a tape to him and there you have it.

Comment

145"+/- a few

ac

Comment

perhaps a good picture in good lighting of him on your wall might help as well. although i'm with darts on this one. take it down and do it yourself. It's not that hard. I killed a nice one a couple of seasons ago and wanted to score it. I'd never measured a deer before and used the interweb to figure out how to do it. I got a measurement inside of two inches of the score that an official scorer came up with a few days later. It's not really that hard.

Comment

Throwin Darts
          Pope & Young

I don’t understand threads like this. Take him off the wall and put a tape to him and there you have it.

Yeah, throwin I really don't have any experience but roughly had him in the upper 30's but wanted some more experienced opinions.

Comment

bullets13
            Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

perhaps a good picture in good lighting of him on your wall might help as well. although i'm with darts on this one. take it down and do it yourself. It's not that hard. I killed a nice one a couple of seasons ago and wanted to score it. I'd never measured a deer before and used the interweb to figure out how to do it. I got a measurement inside of two inches of the score that an official scorer came up with a few days later. It's not really that hard.

Thanks I will give that a shot for sure.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsuEfbK_u-E"]How To Quickly Green Score Your Whitetail Buck! - YouTube[/ame]

Yank him off the wall and follow the steps on this video and let us know! Based off those pics I'd say 143"

Comment

He’ll make P&Y by a good bit. I’ll say 146” and let us know what you come up with!

Comment

I was going to say 148 or so. I have hunted since I was a kid, never learned to score deer until a few years ago. I am not great at it but if I have someone writing down the numbers I give them, it goes quick and I can get pretty close. I usually go in quarter inch increments. It is something I look forward to doing these days. Great looking deer by the way!

Comment

Well into the 140's. Watch the video posted above and give it a shot. It is rather simple so you should be good and it will give you the ability to do it on future bucks you take.

Comment

Thanks all!! He is definitely my largest bow buck. I appreciate the assistance!!

Comment

He's easy mid 140's. Like others have already mentioned...watch the video and learn how to score him. It really isnt that difficult. Heck of a deer !!

Comment

I'm going upper 30s low 40s like 138-141

Comment

Ok, I measured him out at 140 right on the dot. I was hoping for a little more but my guess before I actually measured him was upper 30s. I am still very happy and feel like a learned something as well! Thanks again all.

Comment

Cool. 140 gross or net? I figured him at 144ish gross.
                              Heck of a deer no matter what he tapes out at.

Comment

Working...
                              X