Young Bucks Pushing around Older Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young Bucks Pushing around Older Bucks

Has anyone had much experience with younger bucks (2-3 yo) pushing around older bucks (5-6 yo) at feeders? Seems like the smaller bodied bucks typically give way to older deer. I don't recall seeing it much the other way.

The reason I ask is because I have a new buck that showed up that I believe to be 2-3 that pushes off a known older deer with much larger body. I'm trying to decide if the "younger" buck may actually an older deer that has had dominance in the past.

You could be right in that the deer you think is younger may actually be older. I believe deer have different personalities and moods. I have seen younger, more aggressive deer bump older deer out of the feed pen or away from the feeder. I think some days the older deer just dont feel like messin with the younger aggressive deer and just move out of the way. But when the rut kicks off and breeding season starts, things change. The older bucks wont put up with the BS.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
      You could be right in that the deer you think is younger may actually be older. I believe deer have different personalities and moods. I have seen younger, more aggressive deer bump older deer out of the feed pen or away from the feeder. I think some days the older deer just dont feel like messin with the younger aggressive deer and just move out of the way. But when the rut kicks off and breeding season starts, things change. The older bucks wont put up with the BS.

I agree with this

Comment

Working...
      X