No age and score threads yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    That’s an awesome buck if he’s 5. Can you get him any older safely and let him spread those genetics ?
    It's a numbers game. I could try to let him grow and feed him for another yr or 2 and he could die fighting or of natural causes and I get nothing for him other than a few off spring or I can sell him this yr. A 230-240" double drop this year won't fetch must less than whatever he may become in another year or 2.

Whats the saying about a bird in the hand vs 2 in the bush?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
      It's a numbers game. I could try to let him grow and feed him for another yr or 2 and he could die fighting or of natural causes and I get nothing for him other than a few off spring or I can sell him this yr. A 230-240" double drop this year won't fetch must less than whatever he may become in another year or 2.

Whats the saying about a bird in the hand vs 2 in the bush?

I do understand. He’s a helluva deer this year for sure and would make a deer of a lifetime for many. Look forward to seeing him finished out and maybe some good LDPs this coming season.Thanks for sharing.

Comment

age? and is this the same buck from last year first pic 2021 rest are 2022.

Comment

Not even close to being same deer. Top deer appears to be old as dirt. Bottom deer, don’t have a clue but he is definitely healthy.

Comment

wow
            Thats the biggest buck in Wise County.

Comment

Probably only 4.5 and score close to 250 in October!

Comment

5 and 220-225" is my guess. Heck a deer Justin! He has it all.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                  5 and 220-225" is my guess. Heck a deer Justin! He has it all.
                  Thank you the double drops are like[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]...just depends on how long those tines get. I'm guessing 235 but who knows right now.

Comment

Thank you the double drops are like[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]...just depends on how long those tines get. I'm guessing 235 but who knows right now.

Keep us updated weekly if possible, love watching them grow

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                      Keep us updated weekly if possible, love watching them grow
                      Man thats tough right now. This weekend nephews birthday in etx. Next weekend wife's birthday here. Next 2 weekends after that Costa Rica. He might be hard horned before I see him again. But I think next Sunday I can sneak over there and pull cards.[emoji120][emoji1696]

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        He's 200 right now.
                        I got him at 198 right now and I think at a minimum he puts another 25".

Comment

Man thats tough right now. This weekend nephews birthday in etx. Next weekend wife's birthday here. Next 2 weekends after that Costa Rica. He might be hard horned before I see him again. But I think next Sunday I can sneak over there and pull cards.[emoji120][emoji1696]

If your coming to ETX bring him him down here and drop him off for a spell. Will finish him off on acorns and get him to 250 and send the young man back to ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                            If your coming to ETX bring him him down here and drop him off for a spell. Will finish him off on acorns and get him to 250 and send the young man back to ya.
                            I won't be as far south as you. I'll be up near Joaquin on the lake practically a coon *** for the weekend.

Comment

Status update...

Comment

Man he is packing it on! Still all knobbed up. I bet he ends up 240.

Comment

Working...
                                X