Wildlife Exemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildlife Exemption

Besides the paperwork what is involved in getting/maintaining a wildlife exemption?

You have to perform a few tasks that are very easy. They give you a list from which you can do about half of them or less. Erosion control, predator control, supplemental feeding, etc. Most of them I’d do anyway, exemption or not. It was super easy for me since I had a timber exemption all along. I changed to the wildlife exemption because they were getting picky on the timber thing, I guess too many small landowners manipulating the system.

Comment

Do you have AG valuation now?
      I believe you need AG first, then can transition to Wildlife. Call your specific county (they are all different)

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
        I believe you need AG first, then can transition to Wildlife. Call your specific county (they are all different)
        Yes.

Comment

Very easy. Write up plan, submit to county. Do what you say you will. Submit review at end of year. We enjoy the work and watching the wildlife benefit. Very easy and satisfying!

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
            This. I believe it applies to all counties, as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              Very easy. Write up plan, submit to county. Do what you say you will. Submit review at end of year. We enjoy the work and watching the wildlife benefit. Very easy and satisfying!

Is it required to submit a plan yearly or does one just need to submit a review of original plan at the end of each year? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SM69 View Post
                Is it required to submit a plan yearly or does one just need to submit a review of original plan at the end of each year? Thanks in advance!

Just a review of what you have done. Write up what you did along with pics if needed. Pics really help. Your original plan is for 5 years. After 5 yrs you submit a new one.

Comment

Is the tax credit the same for wildlife vs timber vs ag exemption?

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

We have done this 3 times on different properties. We called the TPWD biologist for the county. They came out & we went over everything. They wrote up the initial plan & sent it back to us. We tweaked it & took it to the appraisal district.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      Just a review of what you have done. Write up what you did along with pics if needed. Pics really help. Your original plan is for 5 years. After 5 yrs you submit a new one.

Awesome, thanks for the info brother!

Comment

Every county is different. I never submitted a plan, just filled in the blanks on the forms they provided. I keep copies of any relevant receipts and provide pictures to prove what I’m doing. That’s it.

Comment

Generally you complete 3 of the 7 activities they suggest, per year, then your good. Turn your form in every year. Never heard of a 5 yr plan for Wildlife Ex.
                          here.

Its just best to read your county's App District rules or talk to them, in person, than asking questions on here because you're going to get 100 different answers.

Comment

Have done it for several years. I'd be willing to bet you are doing some of the management practices right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                              Have done it for several years. I'd be willing to bet you are doing some of the management practices right now.
                              yep. They're just too easy and most landowners with any gumption, like you say are doing some of them already.

Comment

Working...
                              X